✍︎︎30✍︎︎

5 Years Later

-

"Darling, hurry or we'll be late!"

Draco yelled from the bottom of the stairs. He opened his bag and searched for the keys to the car, cursing quietly when he couldn't find them.

Walking over to the kitchen, he heard his boyfriend practically jumping down the stairs. A few moments later, he heard a high pitched yelp and then a slight thud. He quickly turned and went back into the hallway, his eyes frantic.

"I'm fine! I'm fine! J-just tripped over my bag," he grinned. His green eyes bright and as he immediately got back on his feet. Draco smiled lovingly at him before turning once again and accio-ing the keys into his hand.

"Teddy! Come on!" Harry shouted back up the stairs.

"Coming!" The child yelled back, a moment later the small boy was waddling down the stairs with a purple niffler teddy u see his left arm. Harry smiled as he saw the boy.

Harry grabbed the bag he tripped over and his smaller shoulder bag. Draco reached for the door, letting Harry and Teddy go first. The shorter man looked at the house once more before sighing and going over to the car, Teddy holding his hand.

"Honestly, I still don't understand these things," Draco said referring to the car, his brow furrowed. Harry only chuckled, opening the back seat door and throwing his bags inside before strapping Teddy into his booster seat.

"Well, you're a healer not an engineer, but you can drive so it can't be that hard," Harry smiled and slid into the front seat. Draco sat in the passenger seat, fiddling with his seat belt. Just before Harry started the car, Draco leaned over and kissed Harry's cheek.

"Ew!" Teddy whined and put his hands over his eyes. Draco laughed and blew a kiss at the small boy. In response, Teddy stuck out his tongue in a playful manner, watching Draco do the same. The child giggled.

It had been 5 years since both men left Hogwarts. Draco passed all his N.E.W.T.S, as did Hermione of course. Harry and Ron both took five whereas Draco and Hermione took seven, Blaise took six - even though he had to re-sit them me of them - and Pansy took four.

Hermione is on her way to becoming Minister, which would make her the youngest in history; Ron worked with the twins in their shop for a year before he became an Auror and Blaise became an astrologer and an author. Pansy, however, moved to Italy and began working as a secretary to Donatella Versace. She moved after she can out to her homophobic parents.

After they left school, Harry and Draco took a year and half to themselves. They travelled the world, using the money Draco's father had left and Harry's money. While they travelled, the two realised just how trapped they were in their previous years. Obviously, Harry lived under the stairs in cupboard but even when he left he still sort of trapped: he was forced to fight a dark wizard from a young age, the media followed him everywhere and knew every little thing about him and the only adults in his life were normally looking to him for advice when he was only seventeen. He felt trapped under the pressure.

A certain way of life was forced upon Draco: the beliefs that Muggleborns were not as powerful as him because they were simply Mudbloods, as soon as he became a teenager, he was taught Malfoy's weren't allowed to show emotion and he was forced to do things he never wanted to do.