✍︎︎19✍︎︎

"Christopher, have you seen Draco Malfoy?"

Professor Alatar, or Cordelia, was wondering around Hogwarts, searching for the blond Slytherin. He hadn't turned up to dinner and after last nights conversation, she was worried about him.

"No, sorry Cordelia," Professor Jones smiled sadly as he picked up his text books and many papers, "have you tried with the Headmistress?"

"Minnie said the same thing," she hit her lip and furrowed her brow as she racked her mind for any place where he could be.

"I didn't want to check his dorm since it's private," she said.

Jones shrugged and said, "I bet he's fine, maybe he fell asleep. Go check on him."

After that, he left. She sighed and began making her way to the student's room.

-

"Oh Merlin's beard! Draco!" She gasped as she saw the boy unconscious, laying in a pool of his own blood. The liquid had seeped its way into the carpet and had dried so she deduced he'd been hear at least 2 hours.

She breathed heavily, slightly panicking. She check his breathing - only shallow breaths. His lips were blue.

'Well shit,' she thought. Taking her wand from her jacket, she began performing a healing charm. She was a defence teacher, she only a knew a few. After, she casted a weightless charm and carried him to the the hospital wing.

"Poppy! Poppy help!" She screamed into the hospital wing. In seconds, a chubby, middle aged woman waddled out of her office. She gasped at the sight of the blond teenager.

"Place him on the bed," she ordered. Poppy waved her wand and bandages, tape, wipes, potions and an IV stand came flying across the room. Cordelia ducked out of the way, silently thanking Merlin her older sister trained with her when she became and Auror.

"Get the Headmistress to send a healer from St Mungo's, he's in critical condition," she said firmly, quickly wrapping a large bandage around his left forearm.

The Professor nodded and rushed off to the Headmistress, muttering incoherent words under her breath.

-

"Aunty Minnie!"

"Yes, child," Minerva turned around from the dusty, old bookshelf. She had a small smile on her face that faulted when she saw the distress in her niece's face.

"Minnie it's Draco Malfoy! You need to send a letter to Mungo's immediately. He could die," she breathed heavily.

"I- oh my!" The Headmistress hurried to her desk and pulled out a quill and paper to begin writing.

-

A cliff. A bottomless, endless cliff. The pattern of rugged and rough edges seemed to repeat forever. Rocks spiked from the wall at all angles. The cliff's surface was dusted in clouds. The vapour made the floor appear shiny and slippery; as if one wrong step could send you tumbling to your death.

A lonesome, shadow figure stood on the edge of said cliff. They shivered in the cold air, their fingers closing in and their shoulders going tense. Each shaky breath came out as a small puff of smoke.

Eventually, the features of this mysterious figure became more prominent and clear; pale-as-snow skin, stormy grey eyes, a smooth and pointed nose, clean and long fingers - clad in silver rings - which seemed to go blue in the air and platinum blond hair.

Draco Malfoy.

The cliff was line between life and death; we walk through life and make it to the end before jumping off and falling to wherever that takes us. When the time comes, everyone jumps - even if it wasn't willingly.