✍︎︎7✍︎︎

The great hall was almost completely silently with only the sound of whispers, page turns and footsteps. Pages were turned every minutes and the footsteps of teachers or students sounded on the stone floor. The small whispers from a few groups of students.

Harry looked down at his spotless parchment. His quill still laid in the ink pot, untouched. He frowned as he compared his to Draco's, which had flawlessly written paragraphs down to the end.

Currently, he was studying with Draco because the project was due tomorrow and Draco had already written a lot but he hadn't wrote anything and they had to do a final duel tonight.

Harry sighed quietly but it seemed to have gained the attention of the blond. The boy huffed and rested his head in his hand. Draco, not wanting to fail, slid his paper over to Harry before grabbing a book and reading it. He saw Harry smile at him slightly out of the corner of his eye and Draco blushed almost.

Harry began using some of the ideas off his paper, trying to not copy it word for word. He thought Draco's handwriting was so beautiful. It was elegant and suited him perfectly. Harry had observed the way he wrote too. How his hand glided delicately with the quill. How his slim fingers didn't touch the paper at all, thankfully not smudging the words. 'What those hands could do...' Harry thought, he blushed a deep crimson.

Harry thought his own handwriting was scruffy and messy; a lot like himself. He sighed quietly. Draco looked over to Harry, checking how much he had wrote. Draco smirked at a few misspellings. He reached over and pointed to 'Werewolf' the second 'e' missing.

Harry looked up from the paper to him and saw how close their faces were. Draco realised this too and his façade cracked slightly as the smirk dropped and his eyes softened. Harry blushed lightly at the proximity.

'Now what,' Harry thought as the two boys still stared into each other's eyes. Harry was dealing the beauty of Draco's eyes suddenly. A mix of grey and blue looked liked a rainy day. The kind of days where you can snuggle up in comfy clothes and blankets watching films all day. Those cozy days you'd spend with friends or your significant other.

Draco seemed to snap out of his thoughts because he quickly and quietly cleared his throat and turned back to his book. Harry's small smile faltered before he continued writing.

Soon, he had finished the essay so he and Draco could begin working on the duel. To put it simply, all they had to do was explain how to defend your self against a werewolf and how to heal a bite quickly before you become one.

Draco had wrote the part of the essay about healing, mainly because he knew most about that stuff and Harry tried to write the actual defence part but it obviously didn't go well. Draco ended up writing the first few sentences and that's why Harry copied from him.

The two boys entered to abandoned potions classroom (requested by Harry from McGonagall). Draco slipped off his robe and dropped the books and essay, Harry followed suit in pulling off his robe.

"Right, what was the first thing you do when you see a werewolf?" Draco quizzed Harry quickly, not wanting to debate on who's going first.

"Um- establish dominance?" He answers uncertainly.

Draco sent a small stinging hex towards Harry, hitting him in the upper calf. Harry hissed as the blond scoffed before rolling up his sleeves. This caught Harry's attention; Draco pale arms, one decorated in the evil, dreadful mark of the enemy, both covered in out-standing veins. Harry gulped.

"That's the last thing you would want to do. Try again, Potter," Draco huffed.

"Oh, cast a protection spell or make no sudden movements," Harry replied this time with more confidence.

"Correct."

Harry smiled, now he got to ask Draco, " What must you do before the werewolf's poison enters your blood stream?"

"Try to remove its fangs or knock its teeth out," Draco was confident he was right, which he was. Harry sighed a 'correct.'

They went back and forth for an hour, Harry getting hexed almost every turn.

Harry whined, "My legs hurt!" He rubbed his aching thighs. He put his wand in his bag before turning back to Draco.

"Here," Draco said monotonously, holding out a small square of chocolate. Harry's eyes glanced between Draco and the food. He shook his head when Draco's face flashed into Remus' pale, sunken face. He sucked in a breath.

"Potter?"

Harry's mind flashed between the pictures of a smiling Remus and a dead one. The living grin of a sweet man turned into the lifeless body of a martyr. Harry's breathing quickened in panic and he felt suffocated. He looked around frantically, his eyes found Draco first, not registering who it was, Harry wrapped his arms around Draco's neck. He buried his face into the sweet-smelling, blond's neck as few tears slipped out his emerald eyes.

He mumbled a few curse words as he realised he was going into a panic attack. Harry's hands trembled and he whimpered.

'This is pathetic. You are pathetic.'

"Make it stop, please."

'You're the reason he's dead. You are the reason they're all dead, Harry! You worthless, waste of space!'

"Please- stop. Stop!"

Draco sat frozen, wrapped in Harry's arms as the boy cried and gripped him for dear life. Hesitantly, Draco wrapped his own arms around Harry's arms, hesitantly, rubbing softly with his thumb and swaying them back and forth.

After a few minutes, Harry had finally calmed down. The dark-haired boy pulled away, face red with embarrassment.

"I'm s-sorry," He whimpered, grabbing his possessions with haste and sprinting out the classroom.

"Potter!"

He heard the door slam behind him before it opening again. Harry roughly wiped his tear-stained cheeks with the palm of his hands.

"Po- Harry!"

Harry stopped in his tracks. 'Did he just..?' Harry turned suddenly to see Draco running towards him. The blond stoped right in front of him.

"Y-you called me Harry," he was shocked, as for as he was concerned, they hated - despised - each other.

"I just wanted know if you were alright, I can get them too sometimes. Hugging someone also helps me too...it's grounding," Draco said sheepishly.

After a few awkward seconds, Draco held out his hand, offering a handshake, "Truce?"

Harry looked at his hand then back to Draco. Smiling, he shook Draco's hand. The blond smirked and walked away from Harry. The black-haired boy blushed before walking back to his dorm.

-

Draco turned away from the boy and began walking back to the room to collect his things. He and Harry were sort of friends now? Maybe he didn't hate Harry as much as he thought.

'Just because I'm his... acquaintance, does not mean I will ever be nice to Weasel,' He sneered at just the thought of it. He snatched his bag from the floor and saw a small notepad next to his essay.

He picked up; examining it carefully. He opened it to see a beautifully, accurate during off a flower - specifically a Lily. Draco stared in amazement.

He turned to the next paged and saw a rough sketch of a stag. Still rough but beautiful. He flipped through a few a more until he saw one of himself; smiling.

It was an amazingly accurate drawing; the hair, the facial features, the uniform. It looked like a still picture in black and white. Draco was flattered someone would draw him.

'This could be Harry's..' Draco wondered, confusion crossed his face, 'nothing was in here before us but why exactly would he draw me of all people?'