✍︎︎6✍︎︎

"Have you heard?"

"Yeah! The Daily Prophet said it themselves... His dad got the Dementor's kiss and was obliviated!" 

"Merlin! Really?"

"Honestly I don't feel bad."

"He's a death eater, surely he should get it too."

Draco timidly walked through the halls. Last night, he wrote back to his father hoping he'd seen it or maybe even get a reply but he hadn't heard anything yet. While writing the letter, he cried - a lot. He felt so pathetic because as a Malfoy, you don't get to feel sad and you definitely do not cry. It's a sign of weakness and they couldn't have people thinking they were otherwise they wouldn't be respected.

For most of his life, he bottled up his emotions and put on the face of an obnoxious little shit. He hated it because he wasn't that kind of person deep down but when Harry had rejected his friendship, he thought he should become that person. If he couldn't be friends with Harry then no one could, that was his mind set for three years.

Draco found himself pathetic because of that. All his anger towards the golden trio was because of some stupid handshake? During the first couple of years he was jealous. He was jealous that they had everything handed to them and no matter all the fights and the arguments they had each other's back. He was jealous that they broke the rules and got away with it. He was just jealous because he didn't have that type of friendship with Crabbe and Goyle but then he met Blaise and Pansy and he thought that would change. It did but then he became a death eater and that ruined everything.

It ruined his chance to live a somewhat normal life after Hogwarts. It ruined his chances of falling in love and being able to express his feelings. It ruined his chance to live a 'normal' teenage life for a few years. So over the summer, he did just that, he acted like a teenager; he had fun, he drank, went to parties and he had sex. Many, many times. He enjoyed those two months and he hated his family for taking those experiences away from him. He made friends, had lovers and met people who had similar childhoods.

However, he still felt alone. Even after all the people he'd partied with or slept with, he was alone. Draco always wondered what it's be like to genuinely fall in love. He wondered what it'd be like to wake up in someone's arms, make food together while dancing in the kitchen and have fun travelling the world. Draco wanted all of this but he was so afraid that the stupid mark on his left arm ruined it.

What he really wished he could do most was spend another day with his parents, when they were happy and so in love. He wished he didn't take it for granted when he was a child.

Draco sighed and walked faster down the halls. Right now, all he wanted was to get to class without crying.

-

Harry sat up from his bed, he rubbed his eyes and yawned. He really didn't want to go to class. He groaned quietly and forced himself out of his warm, comfortable, soft bed.

Groggily, he walked to the bathroom to take a shower, hoping it would refresh him. When he opened the door, he saw the bathroom completely empty, which was weird since it was morning and they were all meant to be awake.

He turned and looked back the other boys' beds to see them empty. His brow furrowed as he glanced at the clock on the shelf.

"Shit!" Harry yelled and quickly undressed to take a shower. He scrubbed himself down, quite roughly which turned his skin red-raw. He turned the shower off and dried himself within a minute.

Harry tripped over while trying to put on his trousers and he would've laughed at himself if he wasn't late. He messily buttoned-up his shirt, knowing his ddi them uneven, and did his tie, awfully. He grabbed his robe and his bag after shoving on his shoes and running his hands through his hair, trying to get to look somewhat decent.

"Fuck fuck fuck!" Harry muttered as he raced down the stairs, pulling on his robe. He raced to great hall to see it still filled with students.

He sighed in relief and sauntered towards his friends. Harry smiled tightly as he sat down.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I had to rush because I thought I was late," Harry huffed and grabbed a few grapes from one of the bowls, he didn't feel hungry this morning.

"Harry," Hermione giggled, "your hair."

She laughed and reached over, trying to style it but Harry swatted her hand away before she could touch it.

"It'll just make it worse," he patted his hair, trying to at least flatten it but he had no luck. He huffed and pouted. He looked down at his shoes, realising he didn't tie them.

A few minutes later, Ron had did finished eating so the three walked to class. As they were leaving the hall, Harry was nearly shoved over.

"Hey!" Harry shouted angrily. The person whispered a quiet apology before they sped off. Sniffles and almost-silent whimpers were from them. Harry's anger quickly vanished and was replaced with sympathy for the person. He suddenly noticed the person platinum hair and his emotions shifted to confused.

"What going on with Malfoy?" Harry turned towards Hermione after he watched Draco disappear into another corridor.

"His father got the dementor's kiss and was obliviated. He's most likely dead now... It was in the Daily Prophet this morning," Hermione said before turning back to Ron, kissing him lightly on the cheek. Harry didn't notice, - his eyes still focused on the corridor the Slytherin went down - only replying with a quiet, 'Oh.'

-

"Welcome back to Hogwarts!"

Harry sat down at his desk next to Ron, getting out his potions book. The teacher wasn't Slughorn which was weird.

"It's nice to meet you, I am Professor John Crouch and no I am, in no way, related to Barty Crouch. For the rest of the year, I will be your Potions Professor. Now we have that sorted we can begin," The professor turned and began writing and the bored.

Harry sighed and opened his potions book. He hated potions even though he knew he needed it if he wanted to be an Auror. However, he didn't want that because he had already fought enough dark wizards and witches for a lifetime. 

Harry didn't listen during that lesson but he knew he would regret it because he had another potions lesson right after Charms. Luckily, he could write down things with Pugh listening but not that well, he'll just ask Hermione.

-

"Dray? Darling?" Pansy shook the boy, "BLONDIE!"

The sliver trio sat on a black blanket outside Blaise had stole from the common room. They were eating a few sweets and things while drinking butterbeer they bought off Marcus Flint. They were also trying to study but kept getting distracted, especially Draco.

"What?" He croaked out. Slowly, his voice was going from the crying. His grey eyes were dull and red around the edges. His tear-stained cheeks glistened in the winter sun. He tried to smile but it failed miserably.

"Talk to me, darling. Please..." Pansy smiled sympathetically. Draco sighed and broke out into tears again. Pansy's heart practically snapped for her best friend. She pulled him into arms and hugged him.

"I-I just hope he kn-knew-" Draco couldn't finish his sentence. You'd think he'd sort of be happy his dad was gone but he and his father were close when he was a child and he always wished they could've been like that again. He did love him dad but just wished everything could've been different.

"It's okay, shh," Pansy rubbed his back and Blaise did too. For a bit, Draco cried and his friends comforted him and after they sat silently enjoying each other's company and staring at the sky.