78

GOODMORNING, GOODAFTERNOON, GOODEVENING. Happy New Year. I hope this year brings less surprises. That is all I am going to say. 

Anyway I hope everyone's happy and jolly and if not I hope this chapter brings you at least one smile. 

:) 

Nothing makes me happier than when I am alone and just peacefully doing something I enjoy. This evening I was trying to grow crystals.

I know...

A little strange a venture for valentine's day. But I was alone and well when August and I went into town earlier for lunch, we were a little awkward, so I decided to look up how to make crystals.

You see we went to a restaurant that is usually really quiet and cozy and low key.

But um, they were like in full valentines- romance mode and it was sort of hysterical. August looked low key mortified when we were fussed around. It was funny at first, he was stressed but amused too. And then we were left alone. In a very romantic setting.It went a little awkward for a bit. Hence why I got my phone out and googled about a possible science experiment I could do when I got home.

Then I told him about it.

I am sure he was hardly listening. But it kept the conversation going until we both relaxed and got used to the fact we were on an accidental date.

Yeah, so that happened. But it was funny. Like now, looking back at this afternoon it was funny.

At the time it was um, different. Tense. I don't know. He went back to his, I went back to mine and I haven't seen anyone since.

Trev has a big whole day planned out for Luella after she finished her lectures. So they've been gone all evening.

I have been painting. That's why I am this much of a mess. I was dancing and painting and just vibing.

Now I got bored of that so I went to do the crystal things that I had picked up from town after the lunch August and I had had.

So I have a beaker and apparently I am supposed to stir in half a cup of magnesium sulphate with another half a cup of very hot tap water for a minute or so.

So that's where I am.

Stirring.

Furiously.

I am joking. Gently.

I should have read some safety precautions, shouldn't I? I think it's safe. I don't know.

Anyway, I stir until it's like saturated and then I look at my colour options. I have food colouring here but I am unsure which colour to go.

It's valentines. I'll go with red.

It might turn out pink but that's okay too. I add a couple of drops of colouring into the beaker and then I just stare down at it.

Okay so now it's supposed to go in the refrigerator for a few hours.

I just carry it over and secure it in the bottom draw. Removing our salad bits of course and placing them in the shelf above. I look at the lonesome beaker.

That was fun but um, what do I do now?

I'll create some more with different colours.

That's pretty fine.

I am just doing my little crystal making process when my music pauses, my hips pausing too mid swing.

Well.