4

The club was fine. Slightly intense being thrown into a group of five guys. I was the only girl out with them. Obviously, Rayne didn't let me out of his sight, but I didn't miss the comments or the looks from people.

But it was fine. I played the part. I danced and I laughed and I felt slightly like an accessory but it's fine. Breathe. It's fine.

I wasn't exactly a big fan of these guys. They laughed a lot, and Rayne seemed comfortable enough so I was probably just catching onto something that didn't even exist. Sometimes I do that. Think people are bad even when they aren't.

I just get this gut instinct that says: Nope.

"You good?" Rayne says, his voice slurred slightly and I just nod, my hand still in his as we walk home from being out.

"You sure? You're quiet? You're never quiet."

"I am just tired." I admit, leaning into him as we walk. I had his coat so I wasn't like freezing but this dress was pretty short, and I just wanted to get to bed and I wanted to sleep.

I was pretty drunk earlier, but it had settled down now. Like I was definitely feeling it but the fresh air was helping.

The moonlight was illuminating our path home. Like our road was a little out of the way, streetlamps spread out sparsely, so Rayne got his torch out even though the moon was pretty bright tonight.

"It's pretty." I whisper, looking up through the trees to the stars and Rayne just hums.

"Sure Em."

"No it is." I reiterate. Trying to get him to concentrate.

"I hear you. I do." Rayne laughs at me. His hand squeezing mine reassuringly.

"You suck sometimes." I mumble and he just wraps an around my shoulder, steering me down towards his house.

"Yep." He says happily and then we share this look.

I burst into laughter and he laughs too, shushing me as we finally get to his door and he puts the key in.

It was late, gone half two in the morning and we tried to be as quiet as possible but well there was no need to be quiet when as we giggled walking into the kitchen neither of us had realised the light was already on and Ivy was sat up at the counter with a coffee and her laptop.

"Oh mum." Rayne says and Ivy just raises an eyebrow at us.

"Good morning." She laughs and I send her a sheepish look.

"Were you waiting?" I ask, walking to her side and throwing my arms around her neck for a hug.

Maybe I was drunk.

But I just feel her soft jumper against me and close my eyes relaxing into her arms and she laughs.

"Sort of, I couldn't sleep anyway and then I got into doing this work." She says.

"Em." Rayne laughs, pulling me to him and I lean into his side instead.

"Would you two like hot chocolate?" She asks and I nod immediately, she must have seen me shivering.

"I thought you were tired?" Rayne chuckles and I just look up at him and whisper one word.

"Marshmallows."

He rolls his eyes and then I gasp.

"But they- marshmallows aren't vegan."

"But you're vegetarian not vegan." Rayne reminds me and I just pull a face.