100

hiiii 

happy reading:)

100

"Just bring your books Em." August says as I sit on the bed, writing down all the work I should have done, but well couldn't this weekend.

I had a really shitty brain. Like my head was shot. We were supposed to be studying together, getting work done. I got one piece of work done over the whole weekend.

So I was trying not to hate on myself, but I was hating on my brain a little.

The medication was supposed to work to help this right?

I just still couldn't do anything.

I think it's just because he distracts me, yet August can work through anything. He just ignores me. He is productive at the flick of his wrist.

I have to reread the same paragraph eight times for it to make any sense. And by the time that paragraph makes sense, I've forgotten the one before, so it's all out of context.

It's exhausting.

And it also means I have to bring my work to the beach house with us.

He stands in front of me, his hand lifting to cup my cheek and he frowns down.

"Why didn't you say this weekend that you were struggling? I could have helped you or something."

I just lean into his hand, closing my eyes.

"Because you're so smart and my head makes me feel so dim sometimes."

"Emersyn." He frowns.

I just shrug it off. "It's okay, these weekends happen."

He nods. "Yeah, although you've been on this medication for a week. Have you experienced any effects?"

I shrug. "I don't know. I mean, apparently not-" I gesture to the books.

He just collects them up and starts putting them in one of my tote bags. "We'll do some work at the house; we have a whole week Em. It'll be nice to learn some random Literature shit."

I smile at him. "I might get my head into it by then."

He nods. "Yeah." August hands me my bag and I slowly get off the bed. "The car's all ready, you got everything?"

I nodded.

He takes my hand and I just smile softly at the back of his head as he leads me out.

Trev and Luella are very happy to have the flat all to their selves this week. They haven't said that, but they are buzzing for us to leave, I can feel it.

Well, this morning I felt it. They went out for breakfast so it's just us. We leave pretty quickly, our hands tied as we make our way to the elevator.

"Have you talked to Elijah yet?" August asks quietly.

I look at him and nod slightly. "Yeah I called him yesterday, we had a catch up. He was happy that we um, made things official."

August looks at me surprised. "You told him?"

I blush a little, was I not supposed to? "Yeah." I say quietly. "I talk to him about you, like especially when I thought we were being reckless I dunno, we'd sort of just gossip. It was nice having someone separated from the situation to talk to."

He nods. "So your sessions are going to go forth during the break or are they not?"

I shrug. "I mean, they said they can still do them. That they have access to the uni, even though teaching isn't going forward."