37

This was annoying to write ngl lol I was almost ready to post when I lost the whole chapter. So I started again. It was sad.

Also there are some views in the latter part of this chapter that may be opposite to yours. I express what both sides of the argument are-but I do not agree with anyone that says women should not have a choice. Just a little disclaimer lol.

Anyway ty for the kindness I appreciate it sm❤️

Also about the shark... I dunno where it came from. I was editing on my phone and it just posted. Ima see if I can do it again lol. It was an accident.

Anyway happy reading xo

Luella and I were sprawled out on the blanket under us. We were in the middle of tall sunflowers. August and Trev who are by our feet, previously complaining that we were taking up too much room, were now both finishing the food we had left up from our picnic.

We had been here for hours.

August was quiet. Really quiet.

But he wasn't moody, he smiled a little when he was talked to, nodded and gave short word answers when he needed to. He was just quiet.

Luella and I on the other hand were not.

She was unnaturally loud and cheerful considering the stress she's been though the past few days but where Trev was watching her with concern, I was going with it.

Concerned eyes were not what she needed. She needed the distraction.

So, we were just chatting our sides pressed together as we looked up at the clouds, the sky a beautiful colour as the sun fell from the sky. Our peripheral is full off bright yellow flowers which always made me think about this quote I once read about sunflowers.

A sunflower field is like a sky with a thousand suns. I think her name was Corina Abdulahm-Negura. I remember the name because I remember reading it and thinking... pardon? I also remember thinking the same with the quote to be honest. The concept. A sky with a thousand suns... you mean stars? You mean literally what happens when the day turns to night and then suddenly the sky is filled with a thousand suns. They're just far away. Like what August said...

"You know I need to get my hair recoloured." Luella whispers and I turn my face to hers.

"Mm?"

"Yeah I go to this place, they do all sorts there."

"What are you suggesting Lue?"

"I don't know." She grins and reaches for my hair. "You wanna go blonde?"

I grin back. "It's not really my vibe."

She looks offended. "But it's my vibe and we vibe so what do you mean it's not your vibe."

"Oh god." Trev mutters and I sit up, throwing him an amused look and then my eyes widen when he has my camera and it seems as if he's been taking a few pictures.

He's bored. I can tell. I think the boys ran out of food.

"Trev do you think I should colour my hair?"

He shakes his head. "I have room for only one blonde in my life."

I smile at that, looking down at Lue and she just looks frustrated.

Oh goodness.

"I think you'd look so hot as a blonde." Luella says. "We would be sisters."

"I mean I don't know how matching hair equates to siblingism."