92

I shouldn't be awake- I be sleeping now. leave me comments to wake up to:) ily

"You look nice."

His voice was soft behind me, his palms gently sliding over my waist from behind as I stood at the stove.

I was making cookies.

I wasn't sure why, I was just bored waiting for Luella to get ready and she must have text the boys to come up because now August is pressing himself to my back and T is on the couch complaining that Luella was taking long.

I leant back, pressing against his chest a little as I scoop batter out from the mixing bowl to the tray.

They took precisely fourteen minutes to cook.

It wasn't going to take long.

"Just nice?" I ask, my voice a little coy.

He chuckled, dipping his head and places and small soft kiss on my neck.

"Do you want to be called beautiful?"

"Uh huh." I say, ignoring his wandering hands.

"You look stunning."

I laugh, squirming away from his lips and I take the tray and walk with it to the already preheated oven.

I look at him and he's leant against the side, watching me, the wooden spoon already between his lips.

I roll my eyes at the look he was giving me.

I was wearing a black dress, it was modest, smock style ish. My hair was long, straightened and I had no eye makeup on, which Luella said was a must because we wanted to look a little innocent. She had forced the red lipstick though, saying it was a necessity with the underwear which was hidden below.

The lingerie was unreal, the confidence it like, gave me. It was funny, how I thought this was for him and then I put it on and I realised it's transformative. Honestly, I might start wearing this sort of thing all the time, like for myself. It's a real mood booster.

I can't afford that.

But the point is still made.

August lifts his hand to me and I shake my head, pushing it away and he laughs as I try to side step him, heading towards T.

August says not so quickly, otherwise displayed as a small hand tug and a spin which sent me falling into his arms.

"How was the doctors?" He asks quietly.

"It's fine, my blood pressure was fine today so they didn't say about changing my contraceptive. They wrote me a prescription for the other medication though..." I say this quietly and he nods, listening to me.

"Medication will help on the bad days Em."

I just shrug. "I know."

I look to T, his head still turned away from us and I look at August. I couldn't help but study him again, his face, the beauty etched in his eyes, I felt as if I knew each line of his face perfectly.

It was hard work.

Knowing someone this well but having this weird blank space between us.

Communication.

We used to be good at it.

Now I am scared to hear what he has to say.

Not once have I heard what I wanted from August's ears. Even when he used to say all those things, those things that I refer to Leo moments, I now know they were corrupted, tarnished by his illness.