The End.

It was a double update! So make sure you read the last chapter before this one. This is the epilogue!!

-Epilogue- 

August's POV

I look up at her from reading the last word on her manuscript, she was biting her lip, looking at me in anxiety.

We were at this park; me rereading over the last page of her pages.

A week ago or so, she had emailed me this a thousand-page document. She said she has been offered a publishing deal, but that I needed to read it first.

It's been slightly fucking hard to read.

It's beyond words.

I just stare at her.

It had been years, five I think, since the beach house, at least three since we'd met up like this, purposely, alone. We met the other week, walked a little, but it didn't feel the same. 

Not after reading our entire fucking history. 

"What did you think?" She asks quietly, her eyes wide, nervous. "Obviously I'll change our names, I just kept them all the same because it felt more natural to write it all like that."

"You don't need to change the names." I say, my eyes on hers.

She winces. "I sort of have to for like legal- like my publicist obviously- we'll figure it all out. I just- obviously you needed to read it before I sent in the final draft to the publicist, I won't publish, if you don't want me to."

I shake my head.

"Emersyn your writing is phenomenal."

She looks down immediately, a small smile on her face but her eyes still look stressed.

She always used to tell me that her brain ran at a million thoughts per second, I used to call her messy, that she had the fucking ability to over think herself into a catastrophe. But although her mind could bring shame to any natural disaster mother nature could offer... she always had this small ability to just smile and breathe it all away. To make it seem ok.

Emersyn looks up.

"So, August, you don't mind me publishing?"

I shake my head. "No of course not."

She nods, relieved. "I just, well obviously when cases started rising and I was in Saint-Tropez, I decided to come home and well I had nothing to do, so I worked on my writing."

"You wrote it all during lockdown? Oh, that's what you were doing when you asked me all those questions." I say surprised. "I thought you were trying to make conversation."

Em laughs, shaking her head a little. "No I just have shitty memory compared to you. That's all I was trying to do."

I nod. 

Feeling some sort of way. 

I hadn't even known where she was, she moves around a lot. Once she graduated, I heard she went to Italy, but then Rayne told me she was in France, then her dad told me she was working within the schools in Sudan, I realised she was just moving around everywhere.

She nodded. "But yeah, I wrote it after I got home, I've had a lot of time on my hands."

I smile at her.

"How have you been?"

I've asked this question over text, I have. But it's different seeing her face to face.