26

remember to vote and comment xx

I had pulled some bottoms on when we got back to the blankets and grabbed another spare one. Luella laid down beside me on her blanket and I brought one down on us because is anyone freaking surprised, I am cold?

"What did Rayne want?"

"Um... He's a little stressed at the moment so he wanted to just say hello." I lie.

"Oh okay, he didn't wanna come down?" Trev asks.

I shake my head.

"Nah."

"Are you okay?" Luella asks and I meet her eyes and now, lying flat on my back.

"The sky is pretty." I whisper up.

Trev settles down pretty close to Luella and she moves away from me and pressed her side next to him. And as much as I miss her warmth I just stare up at the sky above.

"Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven, Blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels." I whisper up at the sky.

"Henry Wadsworth Longfellow." August says and he sits down beside me.

Fucking impressive Leo.

"Evangeline?" Trev says and I nod.

"Tale of Acadie." I clarify.

The darker the night, the brighter the stars. Should there ever be cloud to hide them, they still shine. Perhaps that's why I love the starlight, for it comes not in the ease of the day, but when without it there would only be blackness for the eyes. Looking up I ignore how despite August's insistence that he is not interested, as he settled down in the blanket connected to mine, I imagine moving closer, I still want to move closer.

I don't. Of course.

There were lighter patches, clusters of faint and bold light, the constellations altered according to the time of year. These were the same stars that greeted the ancients, the same ones that would be there in millions of years.

"Tell us about the stars August?" Luella says, staring up too.

My head turns to her and then back to him.

"Luella I know about the stars in the scientific sense, you don't want what I know you're better off asking Em."

He turns his head to mine and he looks at me. "Tell Luella what you know about the stars."

Okay.

I stare back at him but then I turn my head back to the sky.

"Can you see the milky way?" I say softly, lifting my hand to the sky and pointing towards the cluster of stars travelling along the sky.

Luella hums a yeah and Trev looks closely, she lifts her hand up and shows him.

"In the middle of the this is the constellation Aquilla." I say. "Latin for eagle. Aquila was the eagle that in Greek mythology actually bore Ganymede or well Aquarius up to Olympus. The eagle was also the thunderbolt carrier for Zeus."

Their heads turn to me, listening to this random piece of knowledge I have. "Look." I say pointing up. "The main, most prominent star in the eagle is called Altair. The top portion of Aquila forms a shallow inverted "V," with Altair nearly the point. This represents the head and wings of the eagle. A line then descends from Altair, which forms the body of the eagle."

"Can you see it?" Trev whispers to Lue and she shakes her head, he lifts his hand to show her this time.

My eyes scan the sky for another and then when I find the one I smile, amused, and I turn my head to look at Leo.