13

This is long. comments appreciated as always. if you could leave me your thoughts of the chapter at the end that would be great. even if its just like to say the scene was shit:) I just want feedback because this is such a new book lol.

the song is for later on in the chapter- play it when I say xx

Can we talk about my sudden love for flared trousers? Like okay, hear me out, I have this thing with my body shape where most of the time I feel I look weird...

But I felt so good tonight.

Like I refused to think anything negative and so stood in my kitchen waiting for Rayne to come and pick me up, I actually felt confident.

Like I actually looked good.

I straightened my hair tonight, which I haven't done in a while and it was so freaking long, but I had pinned the front out of my face so it wasn't going to annoy me.

I was wearing some black highwaisted flared trousers with a black bandeau style top on top. I looked good, I did, I felt like I wasn't sweet Em, that I was in total control tonight.

"You look nice." My mum smiles as she walks in and my dad actually lifts his head, his attention caught with her entrance and her words.

His eyes scan me. "Yeah bubba you look beautiful."

I raise an eyebrow at bubba and he just sends me a smile, opening his right arm for my mum as she walks in to lean against his side.

I was drinking a vodka and lemonade; my dad had actually given me it a second ago. He's never necessarily strict, but it isn't usual for him to actually pour me a drink when he was making himself one. But he actually just offered me one today and I took it.

"Where you going?" My mum asks.

It was only seven in the evening, and Rayne was on his way to pick me up to bring me along to his gig tonight. Not really a gig, he was singing in this evening café. They do live performances, poetry nights and comedy. They have a licence to serve alcohol and when Rayne was telling me about it, it actually seemed like such a nice evening.

I love watching Rayne sing, his voice is literally golden to me, it sooths me so much more than anything else. And he doesn't always realise or recognise how good he is, so the support is necessary for him.

Just- he's going to be up their singing and I am going to be stuck with Will, Amelia and Harrison and his girlfriend Kathie.

I would normally be nervous but I am trying to channel some confident girl energy for tonight.

So instead of nervous I just felt slightly uninterested with them.

"There's this Café called Art Café. Rayne is singing and I am just going to go watch, have a few drinks with his friends."

My mum smiles at that, nodding. "Are you coming home tonight?" She asks and I shrug.

"Yeah I think so- I just sort of play it by ear. Does that bother you?" I ask and my dad hugs my mum to him slightly, rubbing her arm in reassurance and I just sort of start at the action.

I guess it does.

"No baby." My mum smiles. "Just let us know I suppose."

"I can come home mum, it's fine. It's in the city so Rayne will have to come home anyway. Rayne and I just never decide before the night ends where we are staying."

My mum nods and my dad looks at her, amusement evident in his eyes and he leans down and presses a kiss against my mums forehead.

"Stop stressing." He whispers and he looks up at me then. "Stop being stressful."