70

hi enjoy peps. things get better from here :) remember to vote and comment:)

"What are you doing?"

August's voice startles me a little as he hadn't yet woken up and I was fully emersed in my reading for next week.

I lean my head back, I was sat at his desk, fully taking over the area with my laptop and my books of text and my notebooks. I sent him a small smile.

"Just studying."

He sits up a little, wincing and then blinking at the bright desk lamp I was using. I reached to turn it off and he just lifted his eyes back to me.

"How many weeks has it been?"

I look at him slightly shocked.

"Only one since I've been here."

He nods. "I am really behind on work."

"Yeah I know..." I say. "But um, I emailed all your lecturers on your behalf and your mum contacted the uni wellbeing services to update them on what's going on and so your professors said that they'd help you catch up... Apparently they like you."

"They like my brain not me." Is all he replies.

I give him a small smile and he swallows. "What time is it?"

"Only like nine."

He sighs. "I was going to try and get up for swimming."

My eyebrows raised a little but I tried not to react too surprised. "Oh I am sorry I didn't wake you up then."

"Has your Dad or Jackson been? Have I taken medication?"

I shake my head softly. "You seem a little confused." I say.

He nods. "I feel it."

"It's a Saturday so they aren't here yet. You can either take it now and I can tell them not to worry about coming or if you choose to be difficult, they'll be round in the hour."

He sighs and reaches over to his draws. "I am not choosing this." Is what I hear him mutter under his breath and my heart pulls a little.

"You have therapy today." I tell him.

"No I don't."

I couldn't help but smile at his sulky voice, he pops out the tablets and I make a noise of disapproval when he goes to pop three.

"What do you think you're doing?"

He looks up.

"Let's have quiet time."

I smiled and shook my head, standing up and walking to his side. I hold my hand out and he places the packet and the three tablets in my hand.

"You take two." I say. "Two."

"I know."

I just pass them to him and he swallows them.

I force the water into his hand.

He looks so unimpressed.

"How is it today?" I ask quietly.

He doesn't speak but when I extend a finger under his chin to lift his face up he mumbles a small.

"Not as bad."

"Then let's go out."

He immediately frowns.

"Not that good."

I laugh and I watch as the noise makes his jaw tick. Like I am annoying him.

I have been letting him lead obviously... but today, I was going to try and do this my way. I just want to see how he responds.