83

PFT HAPPY READING X X X X

I knock a little aggressively. It was an accident. Like okay I practically pound on his door.

Which was a silly decision because I was met with Trev's almost confrontational face. He sees me and relaxes and then he gives me a look.

"Why the fuck you all pent up for?"

I glower at him and step inside, August and Luella were on the couch. Both were looking at me and my sudden presence in confusion.

I dump my two blankets, my coat, my bag, the sketch book on the floor and they all watch me. I look at August. He sits back slightly.

"A word?"

August presses his lips together and my irritation, which for some reason was bubbling, prickled at his slight amusement.

He was trying to hide it.

But it was fucking there.

"Uh oh." Trev stage whispers and August just nods towards his room and I avoid Luella's eyes, walking straight there and letting myself in.

He follows me in, pressing his door shut and I take my top layer jumper off because I was sweating.

He exhales in slight amusement. "I assume you've over thought and-"

"August shut up."

His eyebrows lift, amusement dancing behind his annoying ass eyes.

"I have not over thought, you know what I've done? Messed up."

He sighs and walks past me, going towards his desk and he perches on it, leaning on the edge and I assume this is a demonstrated action of listening, so I carry on.

"You told me to shut up earlier and that was so unfair."

He goes to talk and I glare.

He blinks and presses his lips back together.

"I messed up August. And I don't mean the part of me that didn't want to go back there with you. I mean that fact that everyone is going to be mad about this."

He looks at me slightly confused.

"And okay, I know what we did is possibly going to fucking ruin things between us. I get that. But damn it, I can't deal with loosing you along with falling out with my family, your family, your brother, his boyfriend, my friends, Luella, Trev,-"

"Emersyn stop." His voice was strict.

"No August. Stop. Stop using that tone with me, I- not right now. Listen to me don't try to control me."

He looks at me puzzled.

"Emersyn no one even knows, nor would they care. Please explain to me how you conjured up that everyone will hate you for sleeping with me because I mean- what?"

I want to pull my hair in frustration because- I just toss him my phone.

"Read the message from Henry."

He catches my phone and unlocks it, staring down at the screen.

"How does Jude know?" Is what August replies, still looking down at the screen.

"I assumed you told Rayne."

He looks up.

"Nope."

Oh.

"I thought you might have told him-"

"You didn't want anyone to know Emersyn, I respect that."