63

I was excited about this chapter so I rushed it out lol sorry if the writing is bad. Anyway happy reading and remember to vote and comment! ALSO MAKE SURE YOU'VE READ THE LATEST CHAPTER!

Hope you enjoy xo

I think New Year's Eve is my least favourite celebration.

I know... Not exactly like me to have a least favourite celebration. I usually enjoy these types of things. But for some reason it just freaks me out. I have poor time management skills alright? Always have.

So it freaks me out that for this one night everyone builds up to this one minute. The one between 23:59 and 00:01 or in standard- 11:59 and 12:01.

Like what if I miss it?

And what do I do with myself during that minute.

God it makes me want to cry.

"Emersyn you're staring at the counter again." Luella sings quietly to me, walking up to me and gently tilting my chin up. "We have guests. You either explain to me what's wrong or you shove it down into your soul and we'll talk about it in the new year."

I just search her face for answers.

"Luella what makes that one minute so important. It stresses me out so much. And is that minute the last minute of the year or is it the first."

"Okay you're wonky. I don't know how to rationalise this."

I stare back down at the countertop.

"Emersyn." Luella laughs, grabbing my hand and shaking me a little.

I just sigh dramatically and look at her.

"Me and New Year's Eve- just- it stresses me out."

"It stresses me out too." Hnery says. "So much pressure hey?"

I turn around to him, he has just walked up behind us.

I wrap my arms around his waist, shoving my face directly into his chest and he wraps his arms around me immediately, hastily, unknowing what he just walked into.

"Emersyn." Luella laughs loudly and admittedly I laugh a little into Henry.

Oh god.

Jude and Henry and Rayne had been here for maybe an hour? We'd just been talking, chatting. Luella and Rayne actually get on really well when Lue stopped hating on him.

It was fun.

Luella explained to Jude what happened last summer with Rayne and I.

Everyone apart from Luella felt uncomfortable. At first anyway. Then we all ended up seeing the funny side. She does that, an ability of making you simultaneously uncomfortable and comfortable.

I pulled back and Henry frowned down at me, his eyes connected to mine.

"That was a long hug." He states.

"I hate New Year's Eve."

He smiles a little. "We can hate it together?"

I nod. "Please."

"Alright." He laughs and pulls gently away from me. "Drink?"

"Yeah okay." I express.

"Wait shall we play a game?" Luella says.

Oh god.

I look at her stressed and she laughs. "Look, it's a newish group of friends we have to play these games."