1:memories.

"you won't leave me, right?" she tightens her hug around his big frame.

"i won't." he lifts her up and spins her around. they both smile at each other.

"i love you, niragi."

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

"say, niragi, if we ever join a game and only one can survive, what will you do?"

"you said you didn't wanna live anymore unless i'm with you. and i don't wanna live without you. but i don't want you to die. so maybe-"

"no. i have to be the one to die for us." she cuts him off. he sighs deeply and closes his eyes. she holds his hands and brings them closer to her face, making him cup it and bring their foreheads together.

"it's pointless if i live without you. and if i die, promise me you'll live for us. not just for me, but for yourself too. i love you." chouka leans in and seals the gap with a passionate kiss.

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

"NIRAGI! NO! DON'T LET GO PLEASE!"

"i have to. you have to live for me, chouka-chan. always remember, i love you." he finally lets her hand go.

congratulations, you have won the game.

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

"..where am i..?"

"welcome, joker." a black haired woman greets her.

"who are you..?"

"the person who controls everything down there. look at those humans. killing each other game after game in desperate need to survive."

"you're.. the gamemaster..?"

"the queen of hearts, darling."

"but i should've been dead. i lost a game of hearts earlier." chouka glares at her.

the woman chuckles and walks around chouka's fragile body on the floor. "i know. actually you should have died a few games ago. but you didn't. you let your visa expire once but it didn't kill you. you lost to some games but you still didn't die. aren't you one of my minions, no?" she crouches down and grabs her chin, making chouka look up to her. "i'll let you live, joker. but you can't take away my position. i'll let you have your fun and play. but know your limits."

"yes, queen."

hi! so these are just fragments of memories of our mc. kinda like giving you some background. if you don't like the name you can change it lol. i just couldn't think of any names but chouka fits the story well as it sounds like "jōka" or joker. anyways, i hope you enjoy reading.