21:flashbacks

♥ ♠ ♣ ♦

🃏

"niragi, why don't you just.. fight back?" she whispers as she applies the cotton with disinfectant on the wound of his lips.

"just leave them be. they'll leave me alone soon." he replies and winces from the pain.

"this won't happen again. i promise." as soon as she was done she shyly leans in to peck his cheek. he stares at her flushed face and pulls her to kiss her lips.

🃏

"oi. chishiya. that hoodie looks cute on you. i want that." she playfully pulls the hem of his jacket.

"it's a jacket. not. a. hoodie."

"jacket, hoodie, sweater, turtleneck, long sleeves, the fuck is the difference?" she groans.

"you're so dumb."

"but you like this dumb."

"when did i ever-"

she cuts him off by placing her lips on his for a split second, "shut up."

🃏

"you-"

smash.

splatter.

"fucking-touch--"

flesh torn.

ear-piercing screams.

"niragi again-"

blood splatters everywhere.

"i will fucking-"

in one final blow, the man who used to be unscathed and untouched laid on the floor with its body barely recognizable.

"kill you." she was panting. breathing was a difficulty for her. her actions made her lose her sanity and breathing was the last thing on her mind.

"a death way worse than this."

"i swear, she was crazy. she fucking killed kei! right in front of us!"

everyone whispered around them. chouka and niragi. she couldn't do anything because it was true, and niragi being the same because he genuinely did not know that to do.

"why did you kill him?!" niragi grabs her shoulders and slams her back on the wall. she winces in pain as her back and her head hit the wall hard.

"he was messing you up! look at how bad your mental health is, they're breaking you!" she shouts back.

"that doesn't change the fact that you just killed someone, chouka!"

"i did it for you!"

🃏

"what if you really do die?" chishiya asks. he knew she was about to finally doze off after their long night, but the question just came across his mind making him blurt it out.

"so? i won't have regrets." she whispers in a soft and low voice.

she laid on his chest, his arm under her upper body, hand playing with her hair. she listened to the faint beats of his heart.

"you won't?"

"yeah."

...

"but before i really do die, i wanna help you with everything i can, i wanna help you get out of here." she closes her eyes after placing her hand on top of his chest. he rests his head at he top of hers.

"what about you?" he asks.

"i..  i guess that's where the road ends for me. that's all i want, i want you to survive."

they both went silent.

"i.. think i like you, chishiya."

🃏

"hey!" she shouts, gaining the attention of the man sitting on one of the farthest table in the cafeteria. he sat there, alone.

he looks around to check if the girl was calling to him or not, and when he saw that she was looking at himself,  he points to himself.

"yes, you! can i sit here?" before he could say anything, she sets her tray on the table and plops down on the seat in front of him.

"i've seen you get bullied by those guys before," she opens a can of carbonated drink and chugs it down. she smiles at him before taking her box of milk and offering it to him.

"take this. let's be friends."

she smiles, and he gives her a look of confusion.

"you can't take no for an answer. i'm chouka yukimura. you?"

he accepts her hand held out which was waiting for a shake.

"niragi. just niragi."

🃏

"so you and kuina..?" chouka asks in a confirming tone.

"what?" chishiya raises his brow.

"you dating or something?"

there was silence.

until chishiya spoke.

"i.. wouldn't say that. i'd say more of acquaintances. not like what you're thinking either." he places his hand on his chin and looks away.

"oh. i'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable." she awkwardly smiles.

"don't sweat it." he looks back into her light brown orbs.

"besides, i already have someone i like."

🃏