17:change.

"hatter is dead."

every executive member of the beach stood there in the meeting room. on a table, laid hatter's body. everyone stood around it. they mourned the death of their leader. their number one.

his cause of death was a bullet through his chest. aguni stood the closest to hatter. he dared not to utter a word. now that hatter was gone, they had to choose a new leader.

"i will take over hatter's place. it was in our agreement that if the number one dies, the second takes over their place." kuzuryu explains. everyone agrees, all except for one.

niragi explains that someone who has power should be the one who took over. the militants. they were responsible for getting rid of the traitors and they were treated in the shadows.

"the power has shifted, hasn't it?" he walks around, "let's be democratic and go with the majority."

he stood next to kuzuryu and mira, "who agrees for aguni to be the next leader?"

no one raises their hand.

he came up to every single executive member threatening them to agree to his proposal. aguni was still silent as niragi does as he pleases.

chouka wasn't able to do anything. niragi stood next to mira with his gun pointed to her face. chouka started shaking so hard it made her breathing ragged and uneven. she was so worried at what might happen. what if niragi fires his gun? will he die because of the lazers?

after niragi taunts mira with his words and him showing off his tongue piercing, mira raises her hand to agree. soon, kuzuryu and the others were threatened to agree. until niragi made his way to chishiya's and chouka's way.

"what about you?" niragi points his gun to chishiya, scaring the girl behind him. chishiya slowly looks at him, giving him a look of a bored one.

"are you looking down on us, chishiya?"

"but you guys are really stupid."

all of chouka's blood went down and she turned pale. as if all of the color on her disappeared. her feet were glued to the floor, and she couldn't breathe as if the air was suddenly infused with a toxic gas.

niragi steps closer to chishiya, now chouka wasn't really able to breathe. she felt like she was about to pass out.

"those eyes of yours really piss me off." niragi taunts, chouka launches herself forward to get in between the two. "it's so condescending." with her small body, she tried to shield chishiya just in case niragi really does pull the trigger.

niragi smirks at the girl who was shaking and all pale. he pulls her by the waist and grips her hand. he drags her so she'd be behind him, away from chishiya.

chishiya raises both of his hands, not sparing a glance at the girl behind niragi. "i vote for aguni to be the next leader." he smiles, "are you alright with losing me as a precious "yes" vote?" he taunts.

niragi drops his gun, but quickly points it back, "well i hope you reflect on how you should act in the future." he slowly walks away, "if you fucking touch chouka again, i'm gonna fucking blow your brains out."

niragi points his gun at arisu, who was spacing out with all of the commotion. niragi and last boss points their weapons at him, scaring him more. soon, everyone raised their hands in approval.

"suddenly everyone agrees. so it's settled, then. aguni is the new leader."

"i object."

chouka, still scared shitless with niragi threatening everyone, spoke up. niragi lets go of her hand as he chuckled.

this time, niragi points his gun at her. with his other hand, he lifts her chin up so their eyes would meet. he leans in and chouka tries to look away, but his grip was tight enought to keep her locked in place. he moves to her ear and whispers, "if you say another word i will kill chishiya." he licks the skin of her ear. his words were enough to shut her up. she didn't felt anything when he threatened her for her life, but she was ready to do anything for chishiya's life. if niragi threatens her that he'd kill chishiya, she's ready to do anything he wants her to.

"hatter wouldn't allow this."

"if hatter were alive he wouldn't let this happen."

"but, he's dead." with the end of his gun, niragi starts to his him. "the dead won't know what's going on."