Chapter 29

There is going to be a compulsory author's note at the end of the chapter. Kindly take your time to read it. Thank you.

Let's dive in!

THEODORE

After two tired blinks, my eye sight became clear. I sighted Toby at the window his full concentration outside.

"What do you find so fascinating over there?" I asked and that was enough to get his attention.

"Just the view from up here. It's beautiful, magical even." He responded not looking away from the window.

I got up from the bed and walked towards the window where he stood. The sight was indeed alluring but it felt like Toby exaggerated a little.

I shrugged and walked into the closet and grabbed my toiletries. "I'm going in for a bath. You can have yours after me."

"I've already had my bath." Was his crisp response. With a nod, I walked into the bathroom.

As the train of hot water hit my skin, I could only have my mind think of meeting my extended family. I missed dinner the previous night but there was nothing I could do about breakfast. I'd have to be present whether I liked it or not.

Someone knocked on our door the moment I was done dressing. Toby pulled open the door and poked his head outside.

In barely twenty seconds later, he shut the door and turned to me. "It's time for breakfast." He said and grabbed a small bag pack.

"What are you carrying that for?" I asked him and he turned to me with a grin on his face.

"My camera is in here and so is yours." He said and walked out of the room.

With how much I was beginning to like Toby I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that he was one of the strangest persons I knew. One moment he's all sunshine and the next he's silent.

His silence shouldn't mean a thing but there was just something I couldn't fathom about him that interested me.

I quickly rushed out and met him halfway down the hallways. "Have you met him before?" I mistakenly blurted out.

"Who?" Toby asked immediately.

"Grandpa." I called out the word left a stale taste in my mouth.

"I haven't met any of my extended family members. It's my first time here, my very first time in Lagos." He said and shrugged nonchalantly.

"Same here." I said softly. Somehow, my anxiety dropped.

"That's not true, your dad was the Governor of Lagos." Toby said and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"What?"

"You haven't been to Lagos before."

I stopped walking and just stared at him. He was officially the strangest person I had met.

He broke into short fits of laughter causing me to watch him in so much awe.

"I'm sorry." He said in between fits of laughter.

"Heyy." He nudged me when I didn't say a thing." I looked at him with a questioning look.

"Chill out, I'm not crazy." He said and wrapped his hand around my shoulders. "I was just trying to kill the tension."

"Well thank you for inflating it." I retorted with an eye roll.

"My bad." He drawled with mock sympathy. I simply shook my head with lopsided grin on my face.