Chapter 7

Theodore's house in the media.

THEODORE

I had the nightmares few nights after that night but I decided not to inform anyone about it. Not even Kazeem my therapist. Whenever I woke up from the nightmare, I'd resort to taking coffee or some sleeping pills to wade off sleep.

Irene and I didn't have any encounters throughout the week. Just the glares she sent my way and the impassive stares I sent her way. The week had gone by faster than I expected and as uneventful as I desired.

Monday morning of my second week in Claret High School, I was walking out of the building when I heard my name. I knew who that was. That unmistakable baritone belonged to Bernard Oyedele-Thompson, my father. I turned to see him walking towards me.

"Son!" He said as he stood before me. My dad was an inch or two taller than I was. I stood at 6'2 tall. Dad was a very serious minded person, prim and proper, very authoritative and a perfectionist. But above all, he was a loving husband and an awesome dad. He cared a lot about the well being of his family and for that, I admired him a lot.

"How have you been?" He said looking at me as though trying to read my expression. "I've been good. Just adjusting to the new school environment and Senior finalist stress." I shrugged and he took a minute or two before nodding.

Unlike my brothers, I shared more resemblance to my mum. My brothers had dad's looks. From his oval shaped dark orbs to his high cheekbone and sharp jaw.

"If there's anything bothering you, make sure you open up. I'm your father Theodore, I care." I nodded and him and he smiled. "Have a nice day at school." he said before walking away.

I walked out of the mansion and to my car. Already seated at the wheel, My designated driver took to the road as soon as I got in.

The ride was silent and peaceful just the way I liked it. The weekend was barely as uneventful as the past week. Asides from the conversations I had with a few people from the gang, and surfing the internet, I spent the whole time studying.

The car came to a halt and I got down from the 2019 Benz GLE-class and took a stroll to the school's multipurpose hall where the assembly would take place.

The hall was almost empty when I got in as the assembly had not started yet. I sighted Osaze at a corner with her laptop and walked to her taking a seat beside her. She had not noticed I was seated beside her as she was typing furiously on her laptop a deep scowl graced her sleek features."Good morning." I uttered simply.

She turned to me, her face melting into a heartwarming smile. "Theodore! Howdy?"

"I'm good."

She hummed at my reply taking her attention back to her laptop. The scowl appeared on her face again and I was compelled to ask questions. "Why the long face?"

"I'm having some issues with the website I had created over the weekend." she said. "Let me see." She handed the laptop over to me and I squinted a bit from the blinding light emanating from the device.

I tapped a few keys, moved the cursor a few times and clicked my tongue. "Done." I said and handed the laptop back to her. She looked at the screen for a few seconds and her eyes widened. "You're a genius Teo." She said all smiles.

I chuckled nonchalantly. "Seriously, you're a computer genius. That's cool. We're so going to click." she grinned putting her glasses back in place.

Osaze was one of many high school girls that wore glasses but she wasn't a nerd. In fact,she was far from one, she was a computer freak instead and she carried herself with so much confidence just like Irene just without the unnecessary drama and sass that followed the latter.