Chapter 50

That's Mayowa at the media guys 😊

THEODORE

Two weeks.

Two weeks after our mind blowing kiss and Irene hadn't uttered a single word to me. She made sure to excuse herself from everywhere I was and as if that was not enough, she didn't pick up any of my calls or replied my texts and that had me insanely worried.

What could I have done wrong?

What could I have said wrong?

Could she be upset because of the kiss?

She had clearly stated that she wanted us to take things little by little.

But she did seem like she enjoyed the kiss as much as I did.

Will you stop overworking yourself this boy! My subconscious chided.

I kept pacing the length and breadth of the deserted SS3 hallway. I had sent Irene a text with Kiki's phone so I was guessing she would be with me in a couple of minutes. The SS3 block was as good as empty because we had started our WAEC examinations and we no longer used the classrooms, instead, we wrote our exams in the school's multipurpose hall.

"What did I do wrong Irene? You can't accuse me for kissing you, those lips are irresistible and the way you were biting them seductively, you practically lured me into doing it. It's your fault."

I smacked myself on the head. I would not even attempt saying that to Irene, she'll flip plus it makes her seem desperate. Oh Lord, what exactly am I to say when she arrives?

Maybe I should just apologize even though I'm not sure why she's mad at me, right?

I started hearing sounds of footsteps and I became more tensed and I scurried into one of the classrooms.

See what woman has turned you into. My subconscious mocked and I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes.

The sounds of footsteps got louder and then it stopped.

Uhhhh.....

"Kiki!" Irene's voice called out and my heart constricted in my chest. How I missed the girl.

"Okiki?" She called out again and got no response.

"Kiki Selene Olani-"

And before she could complete Kiki's name, I pulled her into the classroom and shut the door. "What the-" she froze as she sighted me. She dropped her gaze from my face to my hands where held her tightly and back but I didn't waver.

"Theodore?"

"I'm sorry." I said immediately. "I'm sorry for anything I might have done to you."

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything."

"Then why have you been avoiding me?" I asked retracting my hands from her arms. She looked down and I arched a brow subconsciously, what's this again?

"Irene will you say something?" I asked worried at how weird she was behaving. She looked up and gave me a tired smile.

"I was just busy, you know, studying and making preparations for my mum's wedding." She said and I nodded.

Wait what? Her mother's wedding?

"Your mum is getting married already?" I was indeed surprised at that piece of information that Irene dropped. "I mean, I thought they wouldn't tie the knot until later this year."

"That's the same thing everyone thought, but I guess they can't wait anymore so let's just get it over with." Something was odd about the way Irene spoke, it was as though she was hiding something. As though she was hiding something from me and I burned to know what it was.

I kept staring at her when an idea popped into my head and I smiled, an almost nonexistent smile. "I missed you yunno, and I thought you were avoiding me." I said to her.

"I'm not, I just so overwhelmed by everything going on and I kinda need my personal space." I nodded and pulled her into a hug.

"I understand." I whispered to her. She didn't hug me back and I took that as a cue to let her go. Something was definitely wrong here.

She was making her way to the door when I called her, she turned to me. "Can I make a call with your phone?" I asked. "My phone is dead and I didn't come with a power bank. I really need to call my mum, I'll bring it back to you." I said.

She gave me a weary look before handing her phone over to me. "The password is Darasimi." She said and slipped out.

I frowned.

Who the hell is Darasimi?

The moment her footsteps faded away, I opened her phone and started going through her messages, one would call it invasion of privacy. Even though it was wrong, I knew I had to do it because Irene avoiding me and acting all weird wasn't just a coincidence.

A text message dated exactly a week ago caught my eye, the sender was Mf Mayowa. A small smile crept to my lips, I knew it meant mother fucking Mayowa.

I opened the text and frowned as I skimmed through it.

The audacity!!!

I see you're doing a great job with staying away from pretty boy, that's so sweet. You only have to keep up with that till your mum and I are married, after then, he'll be out of danger.

I was right, he had something to do with it. With one nod I plotted everything. For a criminal mastermind, Mayowa was so dumb and stupid even. I mean, why would he in his right senses send a text?

It'll hit you so hard Mayowa, so so hard buddy!

I put a call across to my mum just so Irene has no idea I did something else. "This is Professor Laura Thompson's manger, do you wish to leave a message for her?"

I smiled and spoke up. "Kike give the phone to my mum."

"I had no idea you're the one Theodore, I'll do just that."

I smiled again as my mum's voice came. "My love, what's up?" Mum and trying to be ever young.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"The fuck is his problem?" He said seething in rage. "Why can't he fucking stay out of my way?"

His uncle gave him a short glance and lit a cigarette. "You're just stressing yourself for no good reason."

"You wouldn't understand." He slumped on the bean bag in the exclusive penthouse. "Since when did you begin to smoke Richard?"

"Since I broke my own heart." He replied taking in a long drag. "The only reason I'm considering helping you is because I've been in your shoes before and I know how it feels to loose someone you love dearly." He said as he threw the cigarette to the floor and crushed it with his feet.

"But do you want a sincere advice from me?" He asked his nephew and the latter nodded.

"You should not try to come between them because they have something beautiful and I assure you that she can never see you in that light. Not now, not ever."

The fury in his nephew's eyes was so evident. It was as though he could shoot lasers with his eyes. "You know what uncle," He started.

Richard looked up at his nephew for the second time since he arrived at his penthouse. "Fuck you!" He completed sticking out his middle finger and with that he walked out.

"Fucking bastard." Richard muttered as he lit yet another cigarette.

And I'm back again after what? Three months? I'm so so sorry I went MIA. I've been so busy with school and stuff. I'm also sorry the chapter is quite short.

I don't promise to be consistent because I have so much ahead of me but I'll try to come here often and after the Onyx Voyage series, I'll take a long break from Wattpad, like one year.

But for now, I'm still here with y'all. Thanks for all the support guys, we hit 8k. On the road to 10k

See y'all in the next chapter ❤️

Word Count: 1229