Chapter 25

IRENE

"How on earth do I have so much work during school period?" I groaned as I skimmed through my schedule for the month on Eugenia's work tablet.

We were seated in the living room of my house on Monday evening. "I can remember asking you before accepting those contracts." Eugenia said plopping beside me.

"But you're my manger, how could I have known that they were going to fall in one month?" I replied running my free hands through my hair lazily.

I made a mental note to send for my hair dresser the next day.

"I could cancel some of them if you want." Eugenia suggested after taking a long sip from her bottle of soft drink.

"No, no. Don't do that. It's fine." She nodded taking her bottle of soft drink back to her mouth. "If at all you were to cancel, which would it be? The commercial at Dubai, the shoot at South Korea or the fashion show at Paris."

I crossed my legs and turned to her.
"Or would it be the one at Dublin or New Jersey? None of them can be canceled, but please don't let this repeat itself. I take my education seriously and I don't want anything toying with that. Not even work."

She nodded with a large grin across her face. "Yes boss."

"Now that you have so much work, will Desmond still come with you?"

I shook my head. "Of course not. Desmond is going to be more busy. They're shooting a movie from the end of this month till December. He's going to be the lead actor and April the lead actress."

I watched as a scowl marred Eugenia's beautiful face for a second. "April Waje." She called out with an eye roll.

"The one and only." I added.

"That bitch!" Eugenia drawled out her voice laced with venom and her fist clenched.

Soft rolls of laughter left my mouth. "You still haven't forgotten? April was in a bad mood then, she's a really nice girl."

Snorting loudly Eugenia made her way to the kitchen probably to get more snacks for herself. That girl is a foodie.

Eugenia was mad at April Waje, a top teen models and actresses because she lashed out mean words to her angrily even when she was the one in the wrong. Ever since then, Eugenia had a dislike for poor April whom I think is just the sweetest and most positive person I've ever met.

"Enough about April Waje." Eugenia said walking back into the living room with a big pack of chips.

"Are you really going to eat all of that?" I asked pointing at the large pack of chips she held close to her boosom.

"Watch me." Was her reply as she sank into the space beside me on the couch.

"I need a shower!" Came a sonorous voice. I needed no soothsayer to tell me who it was. My head shot to the direction of the door and I sighted Mayowa walking towards us in all his buffed, beefy and well built glory.

Beads of perspiration stood on his face and well tanned arms. "Hey girls!" He rumbled as he sat on the coach opposite ours.

"Hello." I said in response but Eugenia said absolutely nothing. Turning to face her, I found out that she had zoned out as she was literally ogling my mum's boyfriend.

I nudged her harshly and she turned to me in a nanosecond wincing lowly.
"What was that?" She whispered.

I simply ignored her and turned to Mayowa who had successfully put on the television and was skimming through channels.