Chapter 51

IRENE

"...Send the event planner to me this evening..." my mum said as she ended the call. I walked to her and she threw me a smile as she wiped off what was left of her makeup with a cleanser.

She returned home earlier and smiled more since the arrangements for the wedding began. If only she knew what she was in for, who she was planning to get married to.

"Do you think I should get golden or silver heels to go with my wedding dress?" She asked me and I threw my glance to the wedding dress worn on a mannequin at the other end of the room, the wedding dress she would be wearing by weekend and shrugged.

"Your fashion designer will be the one to answer that question." I shrugged and slummed on a coach in her room.

"But you're a very fashionable model, you should know what would look great." She said to me pouting her lips.

"Mom, you have a fashion designer." I said to her dismissively and she walked to where I was seated and squatted right in front of me.

"I know how you feel, but I promise, Mayowa is a great person. You won't regret having him as your dad-"

"Stepdad." I corrected.

"You know what Irene, go out with your friends, have fun and I promise you'll feel a lot better and you'll realize that I'm not making a mistake."

Oh but you are dear mum! I sighed and threw her a fake smile. "Thanks."

"You don't have to thank me, I'm your mother, I only want what is good for you." She said and placed a kiss on my forehead.

I got up and made for the door when I sighted Ivy. She looked super excited and I couldn't help but wonder what it was with her this time. "Irene where's mum?" She asked as she got to the door where I stood.

"In the room, why?"

She didn't respond to me instead, she dashed into the room squealing. "I found the perfect wedding shoes." She cooed and the next thing that followed was squeals from my mum and the girl. I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes.

If only they knew what I knew.

I walked across the hallway to my room at the other end of the east wing. Pulling open the door, I sank into my bed. My mum and I were never in good terms since my dad died but for some reason, in the past few days, I felt attached to her. I wanted to warn her against Mayowa but I wasn't sure how.

Sighing for the umpteenth time since morning, my mind drifted to Theodore. I hadn't spoken to him since the last time in the SS3 block and boy did I miss him badly.

I walked to my closet, took out his hoodie and put it on. If I could see him or talk to him, I'll bask myself in the memories we have.

I put on my laptop and started going through all the pictures we took during our Photography project when my eyes caught a particular one. I had taken that photo, it was Theodore.

Thick curls, diamond studded ears, pink plump lips, deep dark alluring eyes that had me falling deep, deeper than I ever thought I could. A smile began to form on my lips subconsciously. How I had fallen for Theodore was still a mystery to me but I did love the fact that I had fallen hard for him and it was mutual.

The door to my room flew open and on instinct I closed my laptop and watched as the person at the door walk in. Just who I thought it was, Mayowa.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he walked towards my bed where I was seated.

"I'm fine." I replied not casting him a glance.

"Everything will be fine, I just have to get married to your mum and you'll be back to living your life like you want and kissing whoever it is you want to kiss."