Chapter 55

That's Irene at the media 😊

IRENE

A smile touched my lips as I remembered what day it was. It was the twenty sixth day in the month of May, my boyfriend's birthday. My big baby was finally turning nineteen.

My excitement was obvious even in the way I blow dried my hair with the hair dryer. I did it with so much enthusiasm. I just had my bath and would be on my way to TY's in a bit. All of the guys would be meeting up there including Osaze. She was one of us again.

We were almost done with our WAEC exams, just a paper to go and we'll be free and not all of us would take NECO, just Kiki and Zion.

"Irene can I borrow your hair brush?" Ivy asked as she walked into my room in her school uniform.

"Yeah sure take it." I replied with a shrug as I did my skincare routine carefully.

"Ahhhh!" She screamed and I turned in panic.

"What is the matter?!"

"This is the first time you're letting me take your hair brush even though I come here almost everyday to ask. You'd always say your hairbrush is your personal belonging and it should not be shared. What happened today?"

I hissed loudly and turn to face my mirror continuing my skincare routine. "Are you taking it or not?"

"Oh it's because today is your boyfriend's birthday abi."

I shot her mock glare through my mirror. "Aunty drop my hair brush and get out of my room."

"My boss, don't get mad at me, I was just teasing." I rolled my eyes with a small smile on my lips and looked away. "Anyway where is the party holding?" She asked again and I sighed. The girl was a handful.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school now?" I asked and she scoffed, loudly.

"It's not like I'll be punished. The newly appointed punctuality prefect has a crush on me. And the labor prefect, he's head over heels for me. How about the head girl, she's a fan." She flipped her hair and took a pose like she was having a shoot.

Ivy had gained so much fame as she was trending on every blog while I took a well deserved break from modeling.

"Ivy you should go to school, you need to be of good conduct no matter the amount of fame you have or you could be homeschooled."

"Homeschooled!" She shrieked.

"Yes ma'am. Now get going, it's past eight." I responded dismissively.

"Alright, see you later!" She said and skipped out of my room.

My room door was pulled open again and I groaned loudly. "Shouldn't you already be out Ivy?"

"Did you say Ivy or Ivory?" I turned to the door immediately. It was Ivory. Exactly four months after the whole Mayowa issue and there had been changes in the home. Ivory was trying to work her way back into the music space again and it was harder than it should be because she was already pronounced dead.

Immediately after the incident with Mayowa, mum wanted to keep everything on a low but that wasn't successful because of Ivory who had been pronounced dead was suddenly walking on the surface of earth. The only option left was to let the general public know about everything that went down. We held a press conference.

The first few weeks were hard for mum and Ivory but with time, things began to fall into place and she was welcomed warmly into one of the biggest record labels in the country.

All in all, things have been going great and all that had happened was finally behind us.

"I didn't know you were the one," I said and she walked towards me. "That girl is just a lot to handle."