Chapter 42

IRENE

I felt a sharp pain and made to hold my head in place with my hands as it felt like it was going to collapse but then I realized I couldn't move my hand. It was as though something was pinning me down.

I opened my eyes and winced immediately as the headache came in another brain splitting pang. Looking down at my hands, I realized that I had been tied down to a chair. I shut my eyes again trying to recall how I got to that state.

I should have heeded to what I was told about you, I should have listened to them. I should have believed Osaze!

There's no misunderstanding. You're a fucking hypocrite and that's it.

Everything came rushing in and I remembered every single thing till the very moment I blacked out. Coupled with the physical pain I was feeling, the emotional pain had me biting back tears that threatened to flow down.

What had I ever done to anybody to deserve so much pain in my life? Why is it just me all the time? Why couldn't I ever find happiness?

Something struck my mind almost immediately.

Wait, Ivory!

"Ivory?" I called out and there was no response.

"Ivory, Ivory where are you?!" I was beginning to scream. I had already lost my sister before, I was not ready to loose her once again.

"Come on Ivory, answer me." I looked around the dark and very stuffy room if I could sight anyone or anything that'd lead me to out of my very confused and bitter state.

"Is anybody there?" I called out in a loud voice. After calling out for so long to no avail, I resorted to the next thing on my mind. Screaming for help.

"Help! Somebody help me!"

"Will you keep shut!" A very deep and rough voice snapped at me and I stopped yelling instantly. I heard heavy footsteps and my heart started beating against my rib cage.

He came from behind me and stood huge before me. He most definitely looked like some sort of Goliath.
"Will you just stop all the screaming, you are disturbing." He said still looking down at me like a giant looking down at regular people.

"Where is my sister?"

He chuckled and walked to the other end of the room. He returned to where he stood before and lit a cigarette. "Somewhere you'd never find out about." He responded. "We have taken her away." He said smiling as he gestured with his hands.

"You bastard!" I screamed at the top of my voice. "I'm going to get you and every other person involved in this arrested the moment I get out of here!" I threatened.

He bent to my level and shoved my face roughly holding my jaw tight whilst causing me so much pain. "You little rat, watch what you say because I can end your life if you provoke me."

He puffed smoke in my face and my misery knew no bound. The stench of alcohol mixed with cigarettes and the pain he caused me with how hard he gripped my jaw. I tried to struggle and was able to make out some words though muffled.

"You freak, I hate you. Get your filthy hands off me!"

"Or what?" He asked gripping my neck and practically choking me.

"Will you let the girl go or do you want my fist to damage your face?" A masculine voice spoke up and all the hairs on my body stood erect. I knew that voice, it was so familiar yet hard to pin point probably because of how overwhelmed I was.

The huge and very disgusting man retreated and I looked forward to see the silhouette of a man. Slowly, he stepped into the light and instant relief washed me.