Chapter 47

IRENE

"I'm sorry I'm just coming to see you, I'm so sorry. Now that I'm done with my exams, I could even move into your house if you want. Just forgive me." Eugenia said pouting her lips.

"I've told you Eugenia, I'm not mad at you." I said for the umpteenth time. She had been apologizing to me ever since she arrived at my house.

Friday afternoon and I would have been home alone if Eugenia didn't show up. After my JAMb exams on Tuesday, I didn't go to school because all finalists had been excused from school as our school was an accredited CBT center and exams would last two weeks meaning candidates would still be in and out of the school premises till the very last day.

"How is your health now?" She asked.

"Like I said, I'm perfectly fine now." She nodded and pulled my cheeks cooing and I almost couldn't resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"Well that's good cause I'll be off soon."

I shook my head. "I just knew all that apology was bullshit. A facade."

"Oh no Irene. I meant every word I said but I have to be out, Ivy has yet another shoot after school today so I have to go with her since she doesn't have a manager yet."

I nodded a waved my hands. "Yeah whatever." My eyes were trained on the TV. A fashion show was on and I watched as the models walked the runways skillfully.

The loud ringtone of my phone had me tearing my gaze away from the TV screen and placing it on my phone's screen. A frown marred my face as I sighted who it was that called.

Why is he calling me again?!

Theodore had been calling me nonstop since Wednesday that I even had to put off me phone or put it on airplane mode.

"Pick up your phone." Eugenia said and she made for the door. "Goodbye my sweet." She said and blew me a kiss.

"Bye." I waved at her and she walked out the door but not without making a silly face at me.

Oh Eugenia.

My phone dinged indicating a text from someone. I knew who it was yet I still picked up the phone to have a look.

The text was from Theodore, I was right.

I opened the text so read what was in it.

Hey, I'll be at your house in a while.

For some reason that made my heart race uncontrollably. Theodore shouldn't be at my house, Mayowa would be back soon and it'll just be awkward and all.

Don't come over.

I texted him back and waited patiently for him to reply.

I want to see you.

That was his crisp reply. I typed back.

Then I'll come over to your house instead.

Are you serious?

He typed back.

I wasn't exactly sure why I decided to meet up with Theodore. It could be because I didn't want to be anywhere around Mayowa who would be home soon or because I just accepted to hear him out like Kiki said.

It could also be because I didn't want him to come to my house or because I genuinely wanted to see him.

I wasn't sure which it was but I knew I typed back.

I'll be with you in twenty minutes.

I hurried up the stairs to my room to change my outfit. I threw on a hooded sweater as I already had a pair of booty shorts on and headed downstairs with my hair in a not so messy bun but not without grabbing a pair of sunglasses.