Chapter 39

IRENE

"Chill out a bit, it's just school not a death sentence." I said to Ivy who looked like she just drank sour wine.

School resumption came with the new year. Ivy and Rowland were to finally resume school again. Rowland seemed very excited about it but Ivy on the other hand wasn't so excited.

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting, I had to use the bathroom ." Rowland said as he settled down opposite me. We were taking the Limousine to school. New year, new rules, new vibes and by the way it was the first day of school.

The car came into motion and we hit the road in utter silence. I looked out the window remembering how I spent my holiday.

I had gone to church with Theodore on Christmas Day and we went out to have some fun on Boxing Day and by we, I was referring to the guys, Theodore and I. Excluding Osaze of course. Heaven knows were the girl had been. I was certain the last time I saw her was before our exams. It was a good thing for me though, nobody needed her negative vibes.

We went on a family vacation on the 28th of December to Dubai and we had the best time of our lives. Asides how restricted I was because of paparazzi, it was a great time to spend as a family.

I got to see mum all the time and even though we never get along well, we tried to forget everything for that moment and enjoy our vacation and boy we did.

We were also very lucky that Mayowa was going to become part of our family. In the short period that he had spent with us, he had been a binding force, he did his best to keep my mum and I at peace and maybe, just maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have him as my stepfather.

So many things happened during the holiday and I was sorta disappointed it had already come to an end and we were back to school. It was even worse because being a finalist, I'd begin mock examinations during the second week of resumption to end in the last week of January.

But then again, I was excited that I'd get to see all my friends again after a few weeks of being away from them and oh I was excited to see Theodore too. The last time we spent time together alone was when we had to drop off his grandma at the airport.

She'd have had any of the drivers to take her but she insisted she wanted him to take her and for me to come with. I couldn't get the words she said to me before she left out of my head.

Theodore cares for you my dear, he just doesn't want to loose his sanity yet again.

I had been trying to give meaning to that statement but nothing was forth coming and I wasn't sure it was best to ask him anything.

The car came to a halt jolting me from my train of thoughts. We had arrived at Rowland's school. "I'll be back." I said to Ivy and walked out of the car with Rowland.

I adjusted the shades I had as I walked into the administration block with three bodyguards surrounding me and little Rowland. Rumors had it that I was being nominated as the most influential teen model in the world for the fashion awards.

Nobody was sure about it yet but ever since then, I barely moved three meters without bodyguards. Okay maybe I'm just exaggerating but then, the security around me tightened.

As soon as I walked into the reception, a neatly and professionally dressed young lady walked up to me all smiles. "Good morning Miss Coker, the head of school has been awaiting you're arrival. Come with me."

➪➪➪➪➪

"Will you tell me what it is bothering you!" I finally called out to Ivy. She had been fiddling with her skirt and I knew something was definitely bothering her.