Chapter 46

Let's clear the air of confusion around here, Desmond is not in love with Irene, he has a girlfriend and he's really into her. If you read Resolutions, you'll know that. He's just protective of her because he doesn't want her to get hurt but personally, I feel he's overdoing it.

Anywhoo, dive into this chapter and see what I have for you ❤️

IRENE

"I think my brain is about to explode." Kiki said as she placed her book beside her on the bed.

"Mine too." I said dropping mine right on top of Kiki's.

"We have been studying all day, let's do something else."

"All work no play makes Irene and Kiki dull girls." Kiki added causing me to giggle.

I got up from the bed and stretched. It was a Saturday I had gone to Kiki's house during the early hours of the day mostly because my mum was at work, Rowland was at Osaze's and Ivy had yet another shoot. I didn't want to be home with Mayowa and I missed Kiki. It's been ages since we had a decent conversation.

"Tell me Irene, why didn't you tell me that you were getting life threatening texts?"

I turned to face Kiki who sat on the bed with a serious look on her face.

"I'm sorry." I said and slumped on the bed. "Theodore was just there at the right moment and I blurted it all out to him."

After few minutes of silence, she spoke up again. "About Theodore, have you guys talked?"

"No."

"Why not?" She enquired.

You're a fucking hypocrite and that's it!

"We have nothing to talk about."

"But you know-" She started.

"Kiki I honestly do not want to talk about him." I said to her and she nodded in understanding.

I placed my hands behind my head as I lay on Kiki's bed the silence around us thickening. But thankfully, she broke it. "I spoke with Uche."

I sat up on the bed staring at her with so much interest. "You did?"

"Yes, I did. And I have decided to give him a second chance."

My mouth curved into a smile. I was genuinely glad she gave my words a little thought. "What changed?" I asked her.

"We all make mistakes and that doesn't mean we should be written off and he is miserable. Trust me you don't want to know what he looks like."

My heart swelled with joy for her. "That's great. I'm glad you're doing this and I genuinely hope you won't regret this."

"Me too."

"So you guys have talked it out, right?"

She bit her bottom lip. "Actually, that's where I'm headed to now." She walked to her wardrobe and pulled out a summer dress.

"You think Ola is gonna let you two talk?" I asked. I mean, she has always been against any romantic relationship between her friends and any of her relatives.

"Uche is home alone. She is at TY's place." She said as she slipped on her sandals.

"How do you know that?"

She shrugged. "The question should be why don't you know. She has been at TY's for over a week now."

My eyes almost bulged out of its socket. "One week? How then will they study?"