Chapter 6

Irene at the media. This chapter is dedicated to jayclassic62. Happy birthday girl 😻

IRENE

Seated in the exquisite limousine with Desmond by my right hand side being all lovey dovey with his girlfriend Ayomide and Eugenia by my left hand side going through my email from the tablet given to her for business.

It was Friday night and we just landed minutes ago. The week went well, I had no other encounters with Theodore. Just a few stares he sent my way and the glares I sent his way and I was content. A limousine was sent to pick us up from the airport and drive us to our assigned hotel. It was the biggest in Lagos and one of the biggest in the country. That was were my shoot would be taking place the following day.

The forty-five minute flight from Abuja was not as tiring as it should have been owing to the fact that we were used to it. Most of my projects were in Lagos and I flew from Abuja from time to time.

Mum had suggested I moved to Lagos but my memories in Abuja would not let me leave and I was fine with flying over whenever I wanted to.

Desmond's chuckle got me peeping into his phone. He was still on call with Mide but I couldn't hear a thing she said because he had on his air pods.

Desmond and I had always gone with each other to our work stations. It was a tradition we had started years ago and still stuck with it. We only went against it once in a while when we both happened to be occupied.

The vehicle came to a halt and I took a quick glance at the building before us through the tinted glasses of the limo. 'Welcome to Imperial Hotel and Suites'
was boldly written across the large pillars at the top with light of different colours causing it to glister so much. The sight was beautiful. I couldn't help but take my time to look around the vast compound from where I was seated in the limo.

The door was opened for us by one of the bodyguards we took around when we had to work.

We got down and we were greeted by the flashing of cameras and the roaming around of paparazzi that wanted a minute or two with Desmond and I. The bodyguards successfully helped us inside the hotel blocking out the paparazzi.

At the reception, the receptionist handed us a key and one of the workers led us to our suite taking the elevator and two others helped with our luggage. Desmond was done with his call and was just typing away on his phone.

"Zion and Kiki are sending their regardsregards." he said as soon as we stepped out of the elevator. I nodded my head in acknowledgement. We were on the seventh floor. The worker showed us to our suite and opened it for us using a key card. As soon as we got in, he handed the key card to us, took a curt bow and left the other two repeated his actions when they dropped our luggage.

Our presidential suite had two vast bedrooms with adjoined bathrooms, a large living room, an enormous dining hall and an exquisite kitchen area. It also had a pool and a miniature study. They really did pick out the best of rooms for us.

After putting things in order, We decided Eugenia would take a room while Desmond and I take the other.
After a warm refreshing bath, I slipped into my pajamas and put on my hair bonnet. I stepped into my blue fluffy slippers and walked to the window. The sight from there was wow. I could almost see the entire island. I stood there for a while watched the movement of vehicles that almost seemed invincible, their headlights giving them life.

The city was full of life. After all, it was a Friday night. I also watched the twinkling of stars and my mind drifted to back in the days when my dad and I would sit and stare at the night sky singing twinkle twinkle, little star.