Chapter 30

THEODORE

"My advice for you is that you should not make decisions in a haste and do not hold onto whatever she says now. She's still hurt by what you did but trust me she doesn't mean any of those things she says." I said to Matthew.

We were seated alone in the booth. The others had gone to have fun. Toby did go with them but I was certain his attention was somewhere else like his conversation with the mystery girl, Yara.

"Heaven knows I've tried my possible best Theodore, I'm loosing my shit. I can't think straight, it hurts so much. Having to loose her hurts so much." He said running his hands down his face before digging them into his hair and literally trying to uproot his hair.

"You have to take it easy bro, I understand that you do not want to loose her but you have to balance it. Set your priorities straight."

He looked pretty confused so I went ahead in elucidating. "As much as you have feelings for her, you shouldn't loose your sanity over it."

He held his face in his palms and sighed loudly.

"If she really doesn't want to be with you anymore then there's nothing you can do. You'll just have to respect her decision. Don't beat yourself up, she's not the reason you live, you'll definitely be fine if she leaves even though it might take a while."

I crossed my legs and relaxed into the chair. "What I'm trying to say in essence is you shouldn't force her to forgive you and neither should you beat yourself up for what went wrong. What has happened ha happened, all you have to do is to make things right."

Matthew sighed yet again. A long loud sigh that held frustration, anger and an urgent need.

I could totally relate to what he was going through, I had felt that way before.

"It's all my fault this happened." He muttered and I frowned.

"What did I say about beating yourself up about this?" I gave him a small punch on his thigh.

"You're not the only one at fault. You both are. It is very true that you're wrong for kissing your ex and not telling her that you dated her best friend but then, she also has her part, she kissed two other guys that aren't you."

"Look Matthew, all of what happened shouldn't even matter because you two aren't a couple but who am I kidding, you two are smitten by each other. The point is, don't force it. Let her forgive you willingly, give her as much space as you can till she has come up with an actual decision. For now, she's still overwhelmed by everything and very much indecisive."

He nodded slowly. "I'll take your advice and only hope she forgives me. I can't wait to have her back in my life. I've missed her so very much."

I clicked my tongue and took my phone from the table. "Take things one step at a time to have your desired result."

"Thank you so much bro." He said smiling and I smiled back and smacked his back.

"It's no biggie."

➪➪➪➪➪

I barely slept at night. We returned back to Grandpa's castle around past eleven and almost everyone was asleep. Amy went to her room and so did Tony leaving Toby and I to go to our room.

Toby and I spoke all night. We got to know more about each other than we have since we arrived. It was like we were pouring out our hearts to each other as I told him so much about me but I couldn't bring myself to tell him about the incident from two years ago. It brings back so many painful memories.