Chapter 54

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Silence lingered for a while in the DPO's office as two policemen led Mayowa to a cell room. The woman seated had her head bowed, she couldn't believed what just unfolded right before her eyes. She still couldn't believe that she could have been duped by someone she loved and it wasn't easy for her to accept the truth.

She thought the day was going to open the doors to the beginning of a new life for her. She thought she'd be happily married and her life would be just like a fairytale with the kind of family she had.

All those things ran through her mind but there was something that was predominant in her heart and that was the thought that her daughter could be alive, her first fruit. "Thank you so much Officer." She said and the DPO shook his head with a smile.

"No, thank you madam. I'm glad we were able to get him, we need to get people like this behind bars to curb crime even faster." He said and she nodded with a sad smile.

"Can you do me a favour?" She asked again.

"If it's in my capacity then I will." He responded her.

"Could you please conduct a search for my daughter and keep all what went down a secret? I don't want it on the news or the internet."

"We had been told beforehand that we shouldn't get the media involved so you are safe and as for your daughter," he paused and put a call across to someone at the other end. The woman tensed up a bit saying a silent prayer for her daughter while hoping she was still alive.

A little while later, a policeman walked in with a young lady. After saluting the DPO, the policeman spoke. "I brought her with me just as you ordered."

"Thank you, you can leave." He said and the policeman left.

"Madam," the DPO called on the woman who had rested her head on the table. She turned to him. "Your daughter." He completed and that was when the woman noticed there was someone else in the room asides her and the DPO. Apparently, she was lost in thoughts just a while ago.

When she looked up, she broke into tears and she went ahead to embrace her daughter. It was quite a reunion, she couldn't believe she could see her daughter again even after mourning her. Both mother and daughter stayed in each other's embrace without any plans to leave and the DPO watched them, he was happy for them.

All eyes moved towards the entrance of the office when someone pushed opened the door. It was Irene.

IRENE

I had a policeman direct me to the DPO's office the moment I got to the station. Without knocking, I pushed open the door and walked in. I was literally boiling with vengeance but I knew there wasn't a thing I could do, it wasn't like I could take laws into my hands. Well, I could but that wasn't an option for me.

I came to sudden realization that Mayowa had been an enemy right from day one while he was taken away by the policemen and I was determined to make sure he gets what he truly deserved,

"Irene!" My mum called to me with teary eyes, she had Ivory in her embrace and they were both shedding tears, tears of joy but those tears only made angrier. The days Ivory and I shed tears together after my dad died and my mum locked us out suddenly seemed fresh in my memory.

I turned sharply to the DPO. "Mayowa killed my dad."

➪➪➪➪➪

At first it seemed like I was crazy or I was so mad at him that I put the blame on him. I mean, he only walked into our lives the previous year, and my dad's autopsy said he died a natural death so I should be wrong, right? That was why I took proof.