Chapter 36

IRENE

"...woah! Vampirina. I may be blue with pointed teeth. Woah! Vampirina. But I'm not so different underneath..."

Ivy, Rowland and I were seated in the living room watching a show on Disney Junior.

"Irene are you watching cartoon with Rowland and Ivy?" Mayowa asked from the kitchen.

"No!" I yelled back my eyes still glued to the television. Of course I was.

It was a hot Saturday in the first week of December and we had just had lunch which Mayowa had prepared specially for us, he called it his masterpiece.

"Irene you're watching cartoon!" Mayowa shrieked as he walked into the living room with an apron which he wore loosely around his shirtless upper half.

Ivy scoffed beside me and I shot her a look which had her looking to the side and stifling laughter.

"Ivy you too, you're fifteen you shouldn't be watching cartoon with an eight year old."

Rowland who had his full concentration on the television spoke up not looking away from his center of focus. "Eight years seven months."

Mayowa face dropped into his palm and I almost started laughing at his predicament. Coping with three of us wasn't so easy.

Mum traveled for business purposes few days ago leaving us with Mayowa and the helps which I was totally fine with.

"These Triple J guys ehn!" Ivy called out and I stretched to peek at her phone. She was literally stalking the Triple J as she was going through their page on Instagram.

"Don't tell me you're one of the girls fawning over these boys."

"Aren't they worth fawning over?" She asked still scrolling through their page.

I scoffed. "It's just Jamal, Jide and Jerry. What do you guys find so fascinating about them?" I asked.

She turned to face me with an arched brow. "Is that even supposed to be a question?"

I simply rolled my eyes and got off the couch. "When you get to know them personally, you'll understand that they're not the perfect artists you think they are." I said and walked to the kitchen to get a drink of water.

"How about Tobias Pirah? Will you tell me he also isn't worth the hype?"

I walked back into the living room with a bottle of water in my hand. "Well Tobias, he's ..." I trailed off when it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't spoken to him in a very long while.

"Irene don't you have somewhere to be at?" Mayowa asked settling into the coach beside Rowland who was in an entirely different universe.

"Shit!" I cussed. I was supposed to be at Theodore's and I had totally forgot. Taking large gulps of water, I rushed up the stairs to get dressed and made a mental note to call Tobias whenever I get back.

➪➪➪➪➪

The faint sound of the Piano and singing confirmed to me that Theodore and his grandma were at the music room. I hurried in the direction of the music room barely responding to greetings of the workers.

Theodore's grandma had decided that she was going to have me sing for her during her stay at the Thompson mansion. I had an excuse to be away from the house during the exam week and I was genuinely glad for that. I had become extremely different around Theodore and it scared me a whole lot.

Unfortunately for me, the exams were over and I had to resume going there. I could simply decline the offer because it reminded me so much of my late dad and sister but for some reason I kept going back. Reasons I couldn't exactly fathom.