The Human Appreciation Society

Luz's attire in this story: A red sleeveless open hoodie/hoodie vest, black sports tank top that goes to her stomach, dark blue shorts, black leggings to her calves and black steel toed slip on sneakers.

Luz's Glyph Gloves: Elbow length grayish black gloves with a texture mix of paper and leather, smooth yet tough. (Added to attire since chapter 5)

Light Glyph: Located on the palm, below the middle and ring fingers, center.

Fire Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area below the thumb.

Her Kickboxing stance: Fists in front of her face, knees slightly bent, right foot back and her left foot forward.

Warning: Spoiler for a glyph.

The afternoon was fresh and the sky was mildly clear as Luz was outside practicing of the owl house, striking her punching bag as as the day was drawing to a close. Over time she improved her workout area behind the house to include a spinning sparring post from her classroom at Hexside, a bench with some rusty or cobbled together lifting weights, and the biggest, a small shack like seat up to house it all with a roof and two walls to keep it standing while also letting the branch that held Luz's punching bag inside. On the bench was her hoodie vest, glyph gloves, a towel, and a half full pitcher of water for after she was done.

"Huh. Huh. Okay, few more hits and I can call it a day." Luz said to herself as she bounced on the soles of her feet, her fists up as she had beads of sweat on her forehead.

With a quick rush to the punching bag, Luz delivered a front kick, followed by two jabs, a right hook and a side elbow that flowed into a backhand. Her final hit was a strong roundhouse kick that sent the punching bag back and made it swing a few times as she stood up straight and took a deep breath to calm her breathing.

'Good workout.' Luz thought as she walked to her things on the bench, grabbing the towel to wipe her face clean of sweat and the water pitcher to take a drink.

Letting out a sigh from her drink, Luz slung the towel around her neck and grabbed her hoodie and gloves, sticking the gloves in her pockets before grabbing the pitcher and heading inside the house through the back door.

"Well look who's finally done with her punching." Eda said as she and King looked over to her from the den, with dozens of boxes full of random Earth objects that Eda would sell, keep, or throw away in the future. "Surprised to see how sweaty you can get just from punching a bag of sand."

"Everyone has their way of exercise and mine is mainly punching things." Luz said as she came in to the den, sitting on the couch. "So, you still organizing all of your stuff?"

"Yes and it would go a lot faster with your help and your opinion. A lot of this stuff may be junk to you humans but it's a goldmine of new uses for me to sell." Eda said as she pulled out a green bulb like object with a hook on top. "Like this...fancy big earring!"

"Which is actually a decorative ornament for a human holiday but it could be used as an earring too." Luz corrected with a shrug, taking another sip from the pitcher before setting it on the nightstand next to the couch.

"Exactly! I can still sell it like how I wanted and it's technically not lying!" Eda said as she set the ornament aside to sell.

Luz rolled her eyes at Eda as she decided to help her organize all the stuff she had from Earth, maybe she would get lucky and find something she liked as well. About half an hour later of opening boxes, sorting, and placing some stuff aside to keep, the trio soon heard the door knocked on before Hooty swung the door open.

"Hoot hoot! We've to company!" Hooty said as Gus came walking into the house.

"I'm actually just here to see, Luz." Gus said as he walked towards Luz, ignoring the plethora of human items around him.