Be a Fighter, Win or Lose!

Luz's attire in this story: A red sleeveless open  hoodie/hoodie vest, black sports tank top that goes to her stomach, dark  blue shorts, black leggings to her calves and black steel toed slip on  sneakers.

Luz's Glyph Gloves: Elbow length  grayish black gloves with a texture mix of paper and leather, smooth yet  tough. (Taken by Lilith in last chapter)

Light Glyph: Located on the palm, below the middle and ring fingers, center.

Fire Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area below the thumb.

Plant Glyph: Located on the palm, above the wrist at the base of the hand below the center of the palm.

Ice Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area between the thumb and pointer finger.

Power Glyph (symbol of Construction Coven): Located on the back of right hand.

Healing Glyph (symbol of the Healing Coven): Located on the back of left hand.

Her Kickboxing stance: Fists in front of her face, knees slightly bent, right foot back and her left foot forward.

After  her emotional breakdown in the den and explaining everything to King  and Hooty, Luz changed out of her school uniform and stayed in her room  to wallow in her despair. Her mentor, friend, and second parental figure  besides her mother was captured and Luz didn't know what to do now.  Normally, she'd solve problems with her fists but this problem looked to  be too big to punched out of.

"Luz?" King asked, poking his head in from the door. "Can I come in? I want to show you something."

"Like what?" she asked in a defeated voice, looking out the window.

The cloak was still in her hands, she just didn't have the heart to let it go right now.

"This.  It's the Unauthorized History of the Boiling Isles, the one most people  don't know about or believe." King said, walking into the room and  showing Luz the book. "I know I'm your demon teacher but I never really  thought to teach you about the Isles history. Or maybe Hexiside taugh-"

"Just read it already." Luz said, glancing at the book.

Luz gave it a glance, noticing the book was rather old and the author's name was scratched out.

"O-Okay."  King said as he set the book down, opening it to read. "The Boiling  Isles, born from the flesh and bones of a fallen Titan. This original  magic was so potent, all life on the Isles evolved to wield magic too.  For years, we explored those power freely. Until, a mysterious witch  appeared who declared that he, and he alone, could speak to the island.  He said that we were using magic all wrong. His teachings took hold, his  strength grew, and he became... Emperor Belos. Belos said that mixing  magic was wrong, that only he had that right. So he created the coven  system. And there, our knowledge was restricted, and our potential  sealed away. Those who resist are called wild witches, and they face  harsh punishment. Emperor Belos has since retreated into his castle.  There are whispers that say he's planning something big. Maybe capturing  Eda was a part of it?"