Fighting Fear

Luz's attire in this story: A red sleeveless open hoodie/hoodie vest, black sports tank top that goes to her stomach, dark blue shorts, black leggings to her calves and black steel toed slip on sneakers.

Luz's Glyph Gloves: Elbow length grayish black gloves with a texture mix of paper and leather, smooth yet tough.

Light Glyph: Located on the palm, below the middle and ring fingers, center.

Fire Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area below the thumb.

Plant Glyph: Located on the palm, above the wrist at the base of the hand below the center of the palm.

Ice Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area between the thumb and pointer finger.

Power Glyph (symbol of Construction Coven): Location on the back of right hand.

Her Kickboxing stance: Fists in front of her face, knees slightly bent, right foot back and her left foot forward.

A new day had come as the residents of the owl house were enjoying a nice breakfast as King was watching something on Luz's phone. How is this possible, you may asked? The reason being is that the portal is opened about halfway to let the Wi-Fi connection through but back to the story at hand as King was enjoying the video he was watching while Luz was drawing her glyphs on several sheets of paper so she doesn't forget how they're supposed to be if she's ever without her gloves. Even experimenting with them in some cases for different outcomes.

'Though I practically never got out without them now but still, it helps to be prepared.' Luz thought as she drew a light glyph and a plant glyph.

She tapped both of them to form a ball of light in the air and a pink flower blooming underneath it.

"Nice." Luz said as she picked the flower and sniffed it, humming at the sweet scent.

"If you think that flower is nice, check out this video I found of two warriors in deadly combat!" King said as Luz moved up to the couch, looking at the video King was watching.

The two "warriors" were actually two cute kittens and their "deadly combat" was just them being adorable.

"Well, I see that you've discovered the eternal black hole known as "cat videos."" Luz said to King with a bland look on her face.

"Yes! Fight! Kill! May death be your god!" King screamed, not listening to Luz in the slightest as he focused on the "death battle."

"That's not a death battle, King. And you should be careful about what you watch and read on the internet." Luz said to him.

"Please! What could possibly be wrong about your world's internet?" King asked before reading something. "Oh! So your Earth realm is flat?"