What An Abomination

Special thanks to Beta-reader: JonathanAlexander985/Darth Nominatis#6023 on Discord

The sun shined bright as the sound of flesh striking against something echoed through the morning air. Behind the owl house was the young kickboxer, Luz Noceda, practicing her punches, kicks, knees, and elbow strikes against a makeshift punchbag she constructed from the junk around the house. Mainly, it was made of the burlap shack she used to make deliveries, stuff animals that weren't King's "loyal followers", and rocks from around the house for weight. It was softer than a normal sandbag but it was just as heavy, Luz needed it to keep up her skills sharp for whatever the Boiling Isles would spit out at her.

'Right jab, right jab, left cross, side kick, flying knee, up elbow, roundhouse kick, right hook, left hook, uppercut!' Luz thought as she did the exact strikes at her makeshift sandbag.

Luz had been at this for about an hour and a half before she was interrupted by Hooty stretching his face to her.

"Hoot! Hey Luz, Eda wants you around front. Said she's got a little field trip for you!" He said to her as Luz was breathing a bit from her early morning work out.

"Huh, Alright. Huh, tell her I'll be over in a minute." Luz said between breathes as she walked to gold chalice full of water (the one that Eda said was junk in the first episode), a towel, and her red sleeveless hoodie she placed to the side.

Taking them in her hands, Luz wiped her face clean before taking a large swig from of water. She let out a sigh of relieve before wiping over her arms and legs and putting the towel over her shoulders.

'Not the best work out but it works.' Luz thought as she looked to her burlap sack punching bag. 'I wonder if there's a beach nearby so I can fill the bag up with real sand.'

Luz then picked up her water and hoodie before walking around to the front, drinking the rest of the water to refresh herself.

"Ahh, that's better." Luz said as she saw Eda and king waiting on the doorstep for her. "Hey, guys. You wanted to see for a little trip?"

"Yep, and if you done punching stuff, we can go." Eda said to Luz with her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, we can go." Luz said as she threw her towel at the door, put the empty chalice down near the door, and put her hoodie on.

The group left the house and followed Eda through the forest for about 10 minutes before they reached a beach and saw something very large and very disgusting on the shore.

"What...the heck...am I looking at?" Luz asked as she turned to her teacher, pointing to something large.

A monster like brown slug with giant red bumps on it's back, spines behind it's head, and a gaping five flapped maw with sharp teeth inside .

"That, my dear punching and kicking student, is the trash slug." Eda said as she walked to the large slug and placed a hand on it. "A simple and hungry creature that makes a life out of eating the refuge that other have cast aside."