In Light of a Curse

The day at the owl house could be seen as cloudy and rumbling, showing that rain would be coming soon and Luz had just got finished with her striking practice session against her punching bag after she pushed it close to the house to avoid the rain.

"Just before the rain came down but I wouldn't have minded." Luz said as she wiped her forehead off with her towel and holding her red vest hoodie in her right hand, entering the house. "At least the rain will cool things off around here."

"Luz!" King shouted as he ran to her, making her stop and looked down to him. "I've been looking all over for you!"

"Why?" Luz asked as she put her towel aside.

"I wanted to teach you some stuff about demons, magic knowledge is good and all but you never know when you would come across a mighty demon!" King said proudly as he held his nose in the air. "My knowledge just might save your life one day."

"Hehehe, yeah sure." Luz said with an eyeroll. "Still, this does sound like it could be useful. So sure, let's have a demon lesson."

"Ehehehehehe!" King giggled with glee before grabbing Luz's hand and pulling her to the den. "You won't regret this Luz, I promise you!"

After he pulled her into the den and gestured her to sit down, King went towards his covered presentation and stood ready.

"Luz the human, today is the day you learn of the most dangerous monsters known to the Boiling Isles and what to do whenever faced with one!" King said as he grabbed the sheet over his presentation. "Welcome to the first lesson of...Demons 101!"

King then ripped the sheet over the presentation, showing Luz a bulletin board full of demon pictures of all shapes and sizes, while King put on a puffy professor hat on his head.

'So cute.' Luz thought about the hate before King began his lesson.

"Now, pay close attention. Demon such as myself are deceitful tricksters of of the twilight. Born from sulfur and born to strike fear into their enemies!" King said as he walked across his presentation and pulled out a pen with a pink diamond on the tip. "We live to create chaos to all around around and our only weaknesses are purified water and passive aggressive comment, but those are only for the weaker demon so that weakness won't work all the time."

Okay, got it. Some demons are more self conscious than others." Luz said, taking in the information since it seemed legit aka the purified water weakness.

"I'm afraid so, even the creatures of darkness have their inner turmoils." King said dramatically before pulling out a drawing of a scary turtle like monster with pale blue skin, black finger and toe nails, and a spiky shell. "And this demon is the most powerful one recorded on the Boiling Isles, the Snaggleback!"

"Snaggleback?" Luz said as she leaned forward to see the drawing, crude as it may be the demon did look intimidating

"Snaggleback?" Luz said as she leaned forward to see the drawing, crude as it may be the demon did look intimidating. "Looks like the name matches."