New School, New Troubles

Luz's attire in this story: A red sleeveless open hoodie/hoodie vest, black sports tank top that goes to her stomach, dark blue shorts, black leggings to her calves and black steel toed slip on sneakers.

Luz's Glyph Gloves: Elbow length grayish black gloves with a texture mix of paper and leather, smooth yet tough. (Added to attire since chapter 5)

Light Glyph: Located on the palm, below the middle and ring fingers, center.

Fire Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area below the thumb.

Plant Glyph: Located on the palm, above the wrist at the base of the hand below the center of the palm.

Ice Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area between the thumb and pointer finger.

Her Kickboxing stance: Fists in front of her face, knees slightly bent, right foot back and her left foot forward.

It was a new day for the Boiling Isles, a special day for certain witches as Hexside was having it's annual placement exam tryouts for it's upcoming semester.

"Alright, kid, you ready to show him what you got?" Eda asked her, backstage at the auditions.

"Yeah, I am but I'm a lot more nervous than I thought I'd be. Principal Bump has already seen my kickboxing and he should know I already know two spells but I'm still nervous." Luz said as she took deep breathes.

"It's natural to be nervous, kid. I did the same thing when I was your age, it's basically a right of passage. Though I was more skilled in magic." Eda said, bragging at the end.

"Eda." Luz groaned at her.

"Right right, it's about you and you got this! I've helped you train for this." Eda said as she turned Luz to the stage. "Now get out there and show Bump what you can do!"

With a push given by Eda, Luz went out on stage as the curtains moved to shine a spotlight on her with a banner for the entrance exams above. The only one in the auditorium was Principal Bump and he held a clip board in hand for the exam.

 The only one in the auditorium was Principal Bump and he held a clip board in hand for the exam