Evil

"They.. they wouldn't.." Neville stammered over the idea.

"You know they would." You couldn't find any other way to explain to him that he was in danger. Not really.

"I-" his voice was turning to panic, even with the small words he spoke.

"They don't plan to do it until after Christmas. Neville" you pleaded "stay home"

"I'm not going home this year" he seemed lost. Like even he couldn't find a better idea.

"I just... find a place to hide..." and that's when it hit you "the room of requirement! You remember it don't you?" You asked.

Of course he did, he was one of the few people left in Hogwarts who willingly participated in Dumbledore's Army. Even after the headmaster had been killed.

"Don't they know of it?" He asked.

"I don't know. But even if they did, the room would protect you... Hogwarts will always protect its students... you just can't tell anyone"

"How do I know you aren't leading me into a trap?"
His words stung a little, but could you blame him?

"Why would I trick you? What do I have to gain from you being killed? Just listen to me... please"

"Why are you helping me" this was a question you should have seen coming. Damn it.

"I don't to see innocent blood spilt" was all you could manage.

"I knew it" he seemed to grin to himself "you're not evil. I TOLD THEM!"

"Shhhh" you hushed him. "I'm literally risking my own life to do this. So please, shut the fuck up"
"Thank you" he seemed to beam. Even with his broken and cut face.

"Don't do that" you sighed

"Do what?" He grinned.

"Make this into something it's not" you could only imagine what was running through his brain "this is the last time I'm helping you. So just listen to me"
Before you could react he had pulled you into a tight hug, your head crashing into his chest. How did he always smell of potting soil?

"Stop that" you pushed him away.

"I'm sorry..." he spoke it, but you could tell he wasn't.

"And we never had this conversation" you had to drill this idea into his brain. Fuck sake why were you even doing this?

"Okay" he nodded.

You were turning to leave when you saw someone standing in the doorway, you froze.

"Neville?" Luna asked.

"Luna it's.." Neville looked between you and Luna. Trying to think of anything to say. This did look awful, no matter how you spun it. Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

You were fast to lift your wand, but he somehow was faster.
"Petrificus Totalus"

"Neville" you looked as a frozen in place Luna at the Green house doorway.

"Go" he whispered.

"But Neville..."

"I will handle her..." you nearly leaped over Luna. Did Neville really just cast a spell on one of his closest friends. To save your ass? "And y/n" he called as he knelt over Luna, no doubt planning to do just as you did to Ginny only minutes earlier. "Thank you"

You weren't sure why you were running. Or why you felt so sick. The feeling in your stomach was enough to make your skin crawl. Did you just make one of the biggest mistakes of your life? All to save someone who would.... you had always pictures Harry's friends being willing to kill you if needed. To turn on you in a second, but he hadn't.