Hogsmeade

"I just told him not to come around us anymore" you explained to Draco during dinner.

"Well.... I'm sorry you lost a friend" his voice was far from convincing. Not that you could blame him all the stuff with Blaise had made him even more protective. Blaise had been keeping his distance since everything happened, joining Pansy in her recently acquired spot at the other end of the table. Theodore it seemed had happily occupied the space Blaise left behind, both at the table and as one of Draco's closest friends.

You consider yourself lucky Draco had convinced Daphne that you were just angry the day before you left and Theo hadn't done anything like you said he had.

You hated lying to her, but as sweet as Daphne was all that drama was not worth dealing with. Especially considering they weren't technically together at the time.

"Are you all coming to Hogsmeade this weekend?" Theo asked as you sat in silence.
"Probably not" Draco pushed around the food on his plate. Some days it felt like you had to bribe him to eat anything, it seemed today may be one of those days.

"Come on mates" Theo rolled his eyes.

"Sorry Theodore" you shrugged "I still have work to catch up on. Draco promised to help me worth through it"

This of course was not true, you had gotten your work done a few days ago, but you both needed desperately to get into the room of requirement and get some stuff done. The year was seemingly flying by and that was not a good thing.

"Come on, we all know what you two will actually be doing" Theodore rolled his eyes.
"Shut up teddy" you laughed, making the table settle a little. People in your group could seemingly sense the shift since you returned. The whispered between you two had become more and more. And the distance you had pushed between yourselves and the group was just as increased. So these moments of just relaxing and joking made things feel a little like they used to.

"Y/n" Draco sighed as you sat on the floor of the Room of Requirement that night after everyone else in the castle had gone to bed.

"Yes?" You asked looking up at him from the notebook you held in your hands.
"We have to go it this weekend"

You closed the notebook, taking in a deep breath. You knew exactly what he meant. You had found something earlier that week in the room that you might be able to use to make his mission easier. A cursed necklace.

"Draco I'll do it" you insisted as you both rushed to Hogsmeade. You'd have to get it done fast, then find your friends so you could pretend you had been with them all day.
"No, I won't let you get on the middle"

You grabbed his sleeve, making him stop in his tracks in the snow.

"I'm already in the middle" you insisted "besides, me following her into the bathroom looks a lot less creepy" you both had spent the last week figuring out who would be your best bet. Someone outside of your house, someone quiet and easy enough to pick off from a crowd. The Gryffindor girl was your idea, you say next to her in one of your classes and knew she was decently friendly without constantly being surrounded by people. She was perfect. He looked at the bag you were carrying, where the case lay concealed and tight in a cloth.

"You know I hate this" he finally said.

"I know you do" you stood together in the falling snow for a second, the gentle flakes melting into your coats as you huddled close. "But I'm in this. WE are in this"

"Please just make sure you don't touch it" he finally caved, knowing you were absolutely right.

"I won't. And I'll tell Katie not to either. Go find the group, they should be at Honeydukes"