Restricted section

"I have to admit Miss. YLN I was surprised when Mr. Longbottom said you were interested in helping" Professor Sprout smiled as you and Neville talked to her before class.

"Mandrakes are one of my favorites, Professor. So when Neville mentioned he was helping you I was absolutely jealous" you smiled at her, looking over at Neville who seemed to bounce in his shoes.

"Well if you'd like to we should be doing it again during lunch if you'd like to join. Now takes your seats" She smiled.

You and Neville made your way to the table. You sat next to a handful of other Slytherin girls and Neville sat at the table just ahead of you, as you sat he turned to you.

"Want to grab lunch then meet at the Greenhouse?"

"Sure" you nodded pulling your book from your bag, "I have to tell Draco then I'll meet you there" you made sure to mention Draco as the girls sitting next to you started making eyes at one another. You really didn't need to have rumors starting about you and Neville, but honestly, you should have known better.

By the time the next class rolled around people began their whisperings. Dreadful things about how you were running around on Draco, some even going as far as to say you're a blood traitor because of it.

You hoped desperately you could speak to Draco before he heard about any of this but when he wasn't in the next class you shared you began to worry.

It wasn't until lunch that you finally saw him, sitting with Crabbe and Goyle in their usual spots. You took a deep breath before walking to your seat.

"Hey there y/n" Crabbe grinned at you, either he hadn't heard or he was ignoring it all. Maybe it hadn't spread as far as you had thought. Draco glanced up at you, scooting a little to make you more space to sit. You had to admit a rolling sense of relief came over your body.

"Thought you were supposed to be hanging with Longbottom during lunch," Goyle asked. You glared at him, of course, he'd be the one to say something. Confrontational git.

"I was, but I wanted to eat lunch with my BOYFRIEND first" you snapped. "And it's not hanging with Longbottom. It's helping Professor Sprout with the mandrakes. Got it, Gregory?"

"Oh so defensive y/n" he scoffed back. You rolled your eyes, grabbing an apple from the table. Draco laughed then, pulling all of your attentions.

"Curious how worried you are about what my girlfriend is doing, Goyle. Have something you'd like to tell us?" He asked, cocking his head at Goyle.

"Uh what no, I just, I was just joking around" he shook his head looking away from Draco as hard as he could manage.

"It just so happens she already told me about this plan with Professor Sprout and I am proud of my girl for taking the initiative." He lifted his hand to rest on your neck "brilliant thing wants to teach someday. Don't you?" He looked over at you. You shivered a little as his fingers gripped softly at the skin of your neck.

"Do you really y/n?" Crabbe asked.

"I'd like to. Or maybe work at the potions and magical medicines department. Best of both potions and herbology" you gleamed at Draco who wore his normal, forbidding flat expression but with a gentle hint of a smile on his lips.

You gave Goyle a mocking look, even sticking your tongue out at him. Which yes was a little juvenile, but made you laugh. Crabbe laughed too, shaking his head at you.

You were a few bites in when you heard someone let out a slight cough behind you, pulling your attention from the not so appealing conversation about Quidditch team drama you didn't follow.