You have no idea

//TW Usage of slurs//

You met your friends in the grand hall around lunch time. Having slept entirely through breakfast.

You leaned into his shoulder as he whispered everything so perfect.

It wasn't long before you sat with your friends, Daphne leaning into Theo as he whispered something to her. Crabbe and Goyle arguing over who could eat the most tarts in one sitting... your money is on Crabbe.

"Look who finally woke up" Theo mocked as you sat across from him at the table "late night?" He lifted his brow at you both.

"No actually, we went to bed around..."

"4?" Draco added.

"Yeah, early for us" you nodded. Out of the things you borrowed from Draco that were unfortunate. His insomnia was the easiest to deal with.

"How you two manage I will never understand" Daphne shook her head. You just laughed, catching Goyles eyes as he smirked at someone at a distant table.

You followed his eyes, only one person was looking back at him. The boy smirked at Goyle before looking back down to his plate.

He was different than you imagined, you pictured him to be heftier, instead, he was thin. Had curly black hair and freckles. Not to mention he nervously his glasses up from the peak of his nose.

You looked back at Goyle, who caught your glancing as you turned.

You made a small gesture, an unspoken question. To which he nodded quickly, and returned to his own plate.

"I'm just saying I don't understand what keeps you up so late" Theo gestured his arms at Draco. A conversation you hadn't been listening to.

You looked at Daphne, "I'm so sorry Daph"

"For what?" She cocked her head at you.

"That he apparently can't keep you up all night"

Theo's jaw dropped, followed by a mess of random sounds and words he was attempting to mold into a proper comeback.

"If you ever want to stay up all night, let me know" you winked at Daphne. Who rolled her eyes at you.

"We both know it's not you doing the work" she snapped back, making your jaw drop the same as Theo's did.

Draco couldn't help the laugh that escaped him.

"Wouldn't you like to know" Draco scoffed.

"No thanks," Daphne shrugged "I like my men a little less... Anakin and more like Han Solo. You feel me?"

"A what?" You asked.

"Star Wars? No? Come on I know it's muggle movies but you can't be serious" she huffed.

"No idea what you're talking about" Draco shrugged.

"Attention students," Snape called attention to the front of the grand hall, the Carrow standing close behind him. Oh great what now. "If anyone knows the where shouts of Neville Longbottom, please report to either of the Carrow professors" he announced.

You along with everyone at the Slytherin table turned to look at the Gryffindor table. You had to act along, even though out of everyone in the castle. You were, as far as you knew, the only one who knew where he was.

"Wonder where Longbottom went" Crabbe spoke as everyone turned back to the table. The lot of Gryffindor kids not looking away from their friends or plates.