Divinations

"My sweet" he wore a defeated face as he approached you, easily making his way through the parting crowd.

"You owe me" you couldn't help but smile at his begging eyes. He cracked a cheeky smile, his perfect lips curling at the corners.

"You skipped breakfast just to avoid me" he whispered as you walked the halls, your arm touching his but only slightly.

"To avoid everyone actually, it seems I can't seem to keep eyes off me lately. I am not sure how you do it." that was kind of true, it seemed that since the moment you and Draco admitted to the world you were together people seemed to see you differently. Prying eyes and even more prying words had become a part of your everyday life, they presumed to know you. To know him. When they really knew nothing at all. It felt even worse now that you wore your mark, maybe it was because you felt like even though you knew no one really knew, they all thought they did. And unfortunately for once, they were completely correct.

"What do you say we avoid staring eyes, and go back to our room?" he whispered again, but instead of just slightly leaning his eyes to you he raised his arm. Propping it on the wall behind you, shadowing over you as you stood in the hallway.

"Speaking of prying eyes" you glanced beyond his arm, seeing Snape standing at the end of the hall rolling his eyes at you both.

"If they want a show. Let's give them a show" he was leaning down before you could manage another word, kissing you hard. It seemed Draco's long standing NO public displays of affection rule was slowly starting to drift away. Though you could think of a few reasons why, none of which made you feel any better, so you would just enjoy it.

"Enough Mr. Malfoy, Miss YLN, get to class" Snape called to you as your fingers met the hairs at the nape of Draco's neck. This did the absolute opposite of what Snape had intended you were sure, instead of pulling away as more eyes turned to you two snogging in the hallways he kissed you even more passionately, his free arm wrapping around your waist to rush your bodies together. You were left light headed, your heart beating through every inch of you.

This was your Draco, the arrogant and blatantly defiant one with the attitude problem and a secret rush for disobeying orders. For a second it was like you could pretend it was 5th year all over again, watching him as he made snide remarks to professors and even worse ones to any prefect that would question you two if they caught you in the hallways after hours.
For a second it was the night of Yule ball, you in your deep green dress and curled hair and Draco in his perfectly pressed robes, sneaking away as the rest of the world danced to snog one another in private.

This right here is what you were fighting for, moments like these.

"I said enough!" Snape said as he got to the two of you, pulling you apart "Detention for you both" he watched as you caught your breath "Separately" he added.

You smiled at Draco as Snape pulled him down the hallway, a snide grin of his own sitting on his face as he walked away. There he is. There's your Draco.

It's crazy how fast the day goes by when you're not listening to anyone at all. Which may be right now was not the best idea considering there were several tests coming but it wasn't your fault. All you could think about was how perfect Draco's cologne smelt, and how much he tasted of mint and how warm his skin was. How despite all the shit happening in the world, he was all yours. It was the final class before dinner when Professor Trelawney called your name.

"I am sorry Professor, what?" you asked.

"I asked your partner there to see if they can see your future" You sat beside a Ravenclaw girl you didn't know well, Tayrn was her name. She sat by you all year but didn't speak to you unless you had to. The same as everyone else. Taryn looked at you, her face flat but her hand on the crystal ball on the table in front of you. You rested your hand on it as well, you didn't believe much in all this future telling stuff. So you figured Tayrn would give some generic answer like happily ever after or acing your owls or something. But when she started to talk you stopped your breathing.

"I see you standing at the, uhhhh, astronomy tower?" she began, squinting at the crystal. "I also see, uhhhh Malfoy. He looks like he's holding his wand at someone, yelling maybe?" You felt your stomach drop "Wait it looks like he's about to...." before anything more could happen you pulled your hand away, breaking the connection and thus the vision she was seeing.

Everyone was watching you as you tucked your hand to your side.

"Ahhh well... Good job Miss Johnson, let's continue" Professor Trelawney moved on to the next person with ease, but that didn't stop everyone in the room from looking at you. Not that you could focus on them, all you could think about now was that Taryn described.

It seemed as though the poison wouldn't work, and you'd find yourselves there afterall...

It was Valentines day when you found out why the poison didn't work. From the rumors you heard and seeing The Weasley boy in the infirmary the next morning you knew he had been the one to end up drinking the poison. It seemed Harry had been there luckily to save the day, as he always seemed to be.

"I wonder what happened there" Draco shrugged as you both walked by the infirmary.

"Who knows..." you shrugged back, moving toward the Grand hall. You obviously did know, and lying to Draco was not your favorite thing in the world, but he had been very clear about not wanting you in any part of this anymore, and if he knew you had tried to poison Dumbledore on your own then he for sure would bar you from helping with the cabinet.

"Hey" he grabbed your attention before you could wander into the grandhall. "Come here for a second" he pulled your arm to you were tucked away behind a pillar.

"Quick snog before dinner?" you giggled as you tugged on his robes.

"No, you silly girl" he laughed, catching your lip as you bit onto it "okay, maybe a little. But first" he reached for the chain on your neck, unclasping it to allow for the ring to fall into his hand.

"Taking it back?" you were a little disappointed, but it was his favorite after all. He clasped the necklace back.

"No, give me your hand" you rested your fingers in his outstretched palm. He moved the silver ring onto your finger, you smiled as it hung large there. "Reducio" he whispered, the metal ring shrunk before your eyes, sitting now perfectly on your skin.

"You've been practicing" you ran the fingers of your other hand over the ring.

"I told you I was' ' he reminded you, he had said that when he gifted you the ring. Though you thought maybe he had forgotten you'd gotten so used to wearing it as a necklace anyway. But this was better, you looked up at him as he smiled softly at you. Yeah, much better.

"I love you" you couldn't help the probably ridiculous smile that sat on your face.

"Lets go eat" he tugged your arm to pull you with him.

'Hey," you said, stopping him. "I was promised a snog"

"Ahh" he bit his lip "right"