Doesn't make us friends.

You woke up the sound of knocking on the door. You jump from the bed, oh no. What time is it? You shot your eyes to the window, where the lake still lay in pitch blackness. So not quite time to get up yet, who on earth?

"Draco" you whisper.

"Hmmmmmm?" he murmured, barely awake.

"Someone is at the door" you rolled your eyes.

"They'll go away. Come back to bed" he pleaded, tugging on your arm.

"Draco, what if it's important?" Something in your stomach told you, you should go to the door.

"Fine" he was clearly a little irritated, but moved anyway. Pulling on his robe, his habit of hiding his mark still stuck in him. Though everyone knew now. "Yeah?" he asked as he opened the door, light streaming in from the hallway. You couldn't manage to hear the other voice.

"She's asleep. May I take a message?" he sounded even more irritated than when he stood up. Fuck, who was at the door? "No, Parkinson. She doesn't want to talk to you." you rubbed your eyes.

"What do you want?" You asked, standing in Draco's sleep shirt in the doorway. Pansy was standing in the hallway, her arms crossed over her body clearly cold in the chill of the empty corridor.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked. Draco let out an irritated sigh, leaving you two standing at the door.

"Speak" you said short. She glanced at Draco as he pulled away the robe, you shifted to close the door slightly to block her gaze. "If you're here to look at Draco, you can leave"

"No, I... It's just..." why was she stammering?

"Fucking Hell, give me one second" Why the FUCK were you talking to her? And why the FUCK were you pulling on pants? "Okay" you stepped back into the hallway closing the door behind you, wand in your grasp though Pansy seemed defenseless. "What?"

"I heard what you said at Dinner" Her voice was soft.

"About now caring if you want to be friends?" you assumed.

"No.. about the lake"

"Okay? And?" wow these floors were cold.

"You saved me?" you raised your eyebrows, guess she didn't remember.

"Yeah.... I guess. Why?"

"I didn't know that."

"Clearly"

"Why?" She seemed small, like it was taking all of her to even be here.

"Why what?"

"Why save me? Why not just let those mer-freaks kill me?" this was the first time you'd been around each other this long without one insulting the other. You looked her up and down, why now? After all this time?

"Didn't much feel like pulling your body from the lake the next morning" you shrugged.

"I'm serious" why did she seem so defeated.

"I don't know Pansy, maybe because we were friends once? And even though you're an absolutely miserable cunt, who's obsession with my boyfriend is border-line sociopathic. Letting you die isn't really my top 5 of things I want to see at the beach" you locked eyes with her "Though it might have been top 10" you met her eyes, she knew you were joking... mostly.

"Well thank you" Her words caught you off guard.

"Uhh.. yup." Now you felt awkward. "This doesn't make us friends again"

"Ew no way" her nose wrinkled.

"Good. I am way too cool for you anyway"

"As if, slut harpie"

"Fuck you, pathedic twat" and with that she was gone, making her way back down the hallway into the darkness to her room. That was fucking weird. Oh well, maybe it was all a dream.

"What did Puginson want?" Draco was sitting up in bed, leaning on the headboard. You couldn't help but enjoy the view. "Hello?" he pulled your attention away from his chest to his words.

"Oh uhh... just" you had to shake the thoughts you held from your brain "She was thanking me for saving her at the beach that one time"

"Oh... that's...nice?" He tried to be supportive but he didn't much like her either.

"It's bloody weird is what it is" you affirmed his feelings.

"I wonder what got into her?"

You pulled away the pajama pants you had on "Maybe she's finally getting that stick out of her ass" You crawled back into bed. The sheets are now cold where you had been.

"Or maybe someones finally putting one in there"

"Never say that again."

"Yeah. I regretted it as soon as I said it"

"Cubitum ire(go to bed)"

"Yes Ma'am" he shifted back down to join you under the covers, he was much warmer than the sheets. Perfectly warm, aside from those icy hands of his which he always managed to press to the skin of your back for warmth.

You shivered as he set his fingers to your skin, damn that chill.

"Sorry" he whispered, his hands unmoving from the place they had taken. A little selfish as he stole your body heat.

"How you always manage to have cold hands Draco Malfoy I will never know"

"Cold hands, cold heart" you scoffed at his words.

"Bloods just too busy elsewhere I guess" it wasn't until it was out that you really realized what exactly you had said. To which you were met by a deep, joyful laughter.

"Oh really now?" you could hear that tone in his voice.

"I was talking about your brain, I don't know what you're thinking about" you tried to be as convincing as possible. He was rolling on top of you quickly, his hands how into the mattress to let him hover over you.

"I could always show you what I'm thinking about"