chapter one

i sat next to my boyfriend in his mustang as we pulled into the driveway of my house. the house was decently big and had a beautiful front porch that i would spend my mornings on, either reading a book or just looking outside enjoying the tranquillity that the morning would bring. we stepped out of the car and walked onto the porch, "well i had a good time." i told him, we had just went on a date at the drive in. "me too." he replied with a small smile on his face. "goodnight." i said as i slowly unlocked the door. "i love you." he told me before he quickly kissed my cheek. "i love you too." i answered with a smile on my face.

    that's when i got woken up by my mom calling my name from downstairs. "lucia!" she yelled. i groaned as i sat up in my bed, "what!" i yelled back. "i am going to work, bye!" she yelled before slamming the door. i rubbed my eyes quickly before i slowly got out of the bed. i walked over to my closet and got out some jeans and a cropped t-shirt. i put my clothes on and looked in the mirror before leaving my room.

    i went into the kitchen and opened the fridge, i expected there to be food but i was wrong because the fridge was empty. "fuck." i said to myself quietly. why can't my mom just buy us some fucking food for once, i thought to myself. i slammed the fridge door shut and walked outside. it didn't matter, the both of us were barely home anyways.

    i walked down the street and into the little corner store. i looked around and found a pack of cigarettes, i was running out. i grabbed the cigarettes and quickly stuffed it into my jacket pocket before i continued pretending to look around. i walked out of the store acting like i didn't get anything and as soon as i had walked a bit farther down the street took the pack of cigarettes out of my pocket. i took one of the cigarettes out of the pack and stuffed it back into my pocket before taking my lighter out and lighting the cigarette.

    i had just lit the cigarette and stuffed the lighter back into my pocket before putting it into my mouth and taking a drag. i took the cigarette out of my mouth and took a quick deep breath of the fresh air before putting it back into my mouth. that was when a car full of socs drove next to me and slowed down a little, "slut!" they yelled at me. i took the cigarette out of my mouth blew the smoke out into the air as i stuck my middle finger up at them as they drove away laughing. "fucking assholes." i said to myself.