chapter nineteen

we were in the car and the boys were arguing as i looked outside. i started to see some smoke coming from somewhere so i sat up so i could maybe get a better look at where i was coming from. we drove closer to the church and it was fucking on fire, fuck. "what's going on?" dally asked. "i wonder how that started." i said as we pulled in closer, there were kids everywhere. once we had pulled in pony jumped out of the car, "what the fuck are you doing?" i yelled out to pony as he ran closer to the building. "don't go in there, you'll get hurt." i yelled as i stood up. johnny then ran out of the car, dally had tried to grab him but it was no use. "you're gonna get him?" dally asked johnny.

dally and i had both ran towards the burning church. we were trying to get johnny and ponyboy out of their. i found them and yelled for them, "take the kids." pony yelled to us and handed me a kid. i grabbed the kid and got it out of the building. pony had caught on fire and dally was helping him when i heard johnny yelling from inside, fuck this can't be happening. "i'm coming johnny." dally yelled and went inside the burning building.

i ran over to pony who lie on the floor, he was unconscious. i got onto the floor and grabbed his face, my hands were shaking. i kept looking back at the building, please hurry up and get out of their, i thought, i was having a panic attack. i sat next to pony on the floor, my hands were still shaking as i held ponyboy, i really wanted to cry right now.