chapter twenty-two

two-bit, ponyboy, and i had all just left the hospital and all headed back home. i wanted to stop by my place before i went to the curtis' so that's what i did. later that night i headed back over to the curtis' place but the house was empty, i guess they had went out to the rumble already.

i hung out inside, watching television, as i waited for them to come back. i was laying on the couch and started to drift off.

i had been sleeping peacefully but it was interrupted when i heard the front door slam open. i jumped up off the couch to see that it was just the boys. "we won!" they all shouted as they jumped around. "oh okay." i said as i stretched. "good job guys." was all i said before i sat back down.

everyone was cleaning themselves up and i just sat down on the couch observing when ponyboy and dally walked through the door. i honestly had not realized that they weren't here. ponyboy had looked pretty beaten up, "shit." was all i said as i walked over to him. "i'm fine." he responded. i looked up at his face, "no you're not now come here." i said and grabbed him, bringing him to the bathroom.

after i had cleaned him up, ponyboy had thanked me before walking out of the bathroom. i was about to walk out with him when dally walked inside. "hey." he said. "we visited johnny." he told me. "how's he doing?" i asked softly. dally then shut the bathroom door, "he's not doing good." he sadly said. i didn't respond i just looked down at the floor. "oh" i sadly said before i looked up, "i'll visit him tomorrow." i said. i was about to walk out of the bathroom but dally grabbed my arm, i turned around to look at him. he looked into my eyes, sadness filled them, and he kissed me, i kissed back.

after a little while i pulled away, he only did that because he was sad. "sorry." dally said. "it's fine dally." i softly said and grabbed his face before i let go. i left the room and walked out into the living room, leaving dally. "uh i'm gonna get going guys, i'll see you tomorrow." i said as i opened the door before leaving.