chapter twenty-seven

i walked into my house and up into my room. i had picked out an outfit for school and walked back downstairs. i turned the television on and laid back on the couch. i was watching whatever random show was playing on the television when i heard a knock at my door. i walked over to the door and was met with ponyboy, "yeah?" i asked. "wanna come visit johnny with me?" he asked. "sure." i said. "one second." i said and he nodded before i closed the door. i turned the television off and grabbed my things before i opened the door. "okay let's go." i said and we both went to the hospital.

    we checked in at the counter and went straight to johnny's room. we both walked in, ponyboy in front of me. i quietly walked over to the right side of johnny, "hey johnny." i said. "lucia?" he answered, his voice was weak but he could talk. "how are you doing?" i asked. "hanging in there." he answered. "yeah-" i answered. "hi johnny. it's ponyboy." ponyboy said. "hi pony." johnny answered. "you been to school?" johnny asked us. "pony has, i'm going to go tomorrow." i told johnny. "well that's good." johnny answered in his weak voice. "well we just wanted to see how you were doing johnny." pony said. "goodbye johnny. i will see you soon." i told him and pony and i both said goodbye before we left.