chapter twenty-four

i walked over to the drive-in and crawled through the fence, i was late. it wasn't my fault though, my mom had a night shift and she wasn't going to be home late so i was forced to eat dinner with her. i didn't realize how late it had gotten so i ran the whole way here.

    i looked around and found everyone at our normal spot. steve waved at me when he saw me and i quickly waved back. i walked over to everyone and took my usual spot next to dally. "hey stupid." i said as i looked over to dally. he dramatically put his hand over his heart, "that was harsh." he said with a smirk on his face. i shrugged and looked towards the screen and dally put his arm around my shoulders, i was honestly relieved that we were back to normal and him kissing me didn't change anything.

    after the movie had ended i said goodbye to everyone and went on my way. i was walking down the dark street when i felt arms wrap around my waist, i was startled so i turned around and slapped whoever it was hard in the face. "shit." they said as they held their face. "sorry." i said as i grabbed their face, it was dally. "no it's fine." he said as he let go of his face. "it's good that you can protect yourself." he said and i slightly smiled before i continued walking. "why'd you follow me?" i asked as i walked ahead of him. "a broad like you shouldn't be walking alone this late at night." he simply said. "don't call me "a broad" you asshole." i said as i continued walking. "gosh you've become so harsh lately." dally said but i knew he didn't really care. "too bad." i told him as we turned the corner.

    i saw my house and sped up a little but dally caught up to me. i ran up the steps and opened the door, "goodnight dallas." i said with a small smirk on my face. "goodnight darling." he said and smirked before winking at me and leaving.