chapter twenty-six

i ran all the way to the DX, i knew that steve and sodapop would obviously be there. i ran inside the shop out of breath, i caught my breath as i held onto the wall, i had ran a long way. "what's wrong lucia?" steve asked and i looked up at him, dally and ponyboy were also here. "nothing i just-" i paused and took a deep breathe. "i was getting harassed by a soc but it's fine i took care of it." i finally said. "which soc?" dally asked. "i don't know man." i said as i walked over to the guys. "well it's good that you're okay." ponyboy said. "where were you?" sodapop asked. "the park." i told them. "you should've brought a blade." soda said. "what did he want from you?" dally asked. "well i was just sitting on the bench enjoying my water when i felt a hand on my shoulder. i asked the soc what he wanted and he was definitely drunk. he told me i had to repay him-" i paused. "if you know what i mean." i told them. "and i said no and like started waking away but he started like grabbing me or whatever so i just kneed him down there and left." i said and shrugged.

"why are you so calm something could've happened to you." ponyboy said concerned. "well nothing did and i'm fine." i simply answered and rested my arm on the counter. i turned around and saw some customers walking in so i walked over so i wasn't in their way.

i stood against the wall and looked over to ponyboy, "so why aren't you at school?" i asked him. "oh i called out sick, darry said i could." he told me and i nodded. "i think i'm gonna go tomorrow." i told him. "oh great i will definitely go tomorrow then." pony said and smiled, i smiled back before i looked away. i looked over to dally who was staring at me. "what?" i asked and smiled. "nothing." he said and looked away. "um okay." i said and shrugged before i walked over to the counter. "bye guys." i said before i walked out the door and to my house.